Unobtanium is moving!

Vendor announcements of new 356 products, product changes, recalls, requests for product feedback, or changes to their business.
Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor
Tag: KTF

Unobtanium is moving!

#1 Post by Adam Wright »

Hey everyone-
We loaded the first truckload today to go to the new shop, but there will be many many more truckloads. So for the next few weeks if you call or email about a part please bear with us, all the parts are going to be scattered and boxed in two different locations so putting my hands on them will be a little tough. As soon as we are fully operational at the new shop I will let everyone know. The good news is since we have to move everything we are going to get organized for once, instead of having everything in great big piles. Anyone who has ever been to our place knows what I am talking about but I will share a few pics so you can see the chaos that is the current warehouse.
Attachments
gshop13.jpg
gshop16.jpg
gshop14.jpg
gshop11.jpg
gshop10.jpg
gshop9.jpg
gshop8.jpg
gshop7.jpg
gshop6.jpg
gshop5.jpg
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

Sebastian Gaeta
356 Fan

Re: Unobtanium is moving!

#2 Post by Sebastian Gaeta »

Hey, there's that shift knob I was looking for last summer!! 8)
Attachments
gshop9.jpg
gshop9.jpg (42.11 KiB) Viewed 10524 times
Sebastian Gaeta
www.arbormotion.com

Registry #8339

'65 C coupe
'64 C cab

-------
2014 Boxster 981
2005 997 C2 Cab
1967 Karmann Ghia Convertible
1966 VW Single Cab
1966 Ducati Cafe Racer
1964 Karmann Ghia Coupe
1963 Beetle

Bob Lee
356 Fan

#3 Post by Bob Lee »

Adam Wright wrote:Hey everyone-
We loaded the first truckload today to go to the new shop, but there will be many many more truckloads. So for the next few weeks if you call or email about a part please bear with us, all the parts are going to be scattered and boxed in two different locations so putting my hands on them will be a little tough. As soon as we are fully operational at the new shop I will let everyone know. The good news is since we have to move everything we are going to get organized for once, instead of having everything in great big piles. Anyone who has ever been to our place knows what I am talking about but I will share a few pics so you can see the chaos that is the current warehouse.
Adam.
I need a original valve spring I think I see one in picture 111.62, if so how much?
Back under my rock I go 8)

Bob Lee
Registry member 16135
Porsche 356 Club member
912 Registry member 1558R

Bela Thury
356 Fan

#4 Post by Bela Thury »

By the looks of things, Adam, you will have to begin opening the shop the first and third Saturdays of the month, supply coffee and donuts and rename your dogs Bella and Bela.

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor

#5 Post by Adam Wright »

Bela, the problem is there are few people in my area who would show up for coffee, unlike you guys in the Bay.
Sebastian, it was probably right under our nose.
Bob, it is probably already packed, the pics were taken before the bins came out, check back with me in a few weeks.
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

Sebastian Gaeta
356 Fan

#6 Post by Sebastian Gaeta »

Good luck with the move, post the new address when you are allowed to have visitors.

Does Big John come with the new location?
Sebastian Gaeta
www.arbormotion.com

Registry #8339

'65 C coupe
'64 C cab

-------
2014 Boxster 981
2005 997 C2 Cab
1967 Karmann Ghia Convertible
1966 VW Single Cab
1966 Ducati Cafe Racer
1964 Karmann Ghia Coupe
1963 Beetle

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor

#7 Post by Adam Wright »

I think Big John is part of the family now, in fact when we go to Subway for lunch every day the girls there call him the Wanna-be Wright Brother.

Also, you need a Big John around to lift things!
Attachments
bigjohnnew.jpg
bigjohnnew.jpg (89.3 KiB) Viewed 10482 times
www.unobtanium-inc.com

Jim Neil
356 Fan

#8 Post by Jim Neil »

Don't tell me you're leaving Gloversville??!! I am sure I am the only guy on the forum who knows where Gloversville is! (Although I think my old friend Larry from Gloversville left a long time ago for warmer pastures in Florida.)
1960 356 B Coupe
2009 911 Turbo Coupe
2016 Panamera
Gone but not forgotten: 2005 Carrera S, 2004 Targa, 2001 Boxster S, 1997 Targa, 1993 RS America, 2004 Cayenne S, 2005 Cayenne S, 2009 Cayenne S

Gerry McCarthy
356 Fan

#9 Post by Gerry McCarthy »

Jim:
You may be right (Wright?)
I had no idea where Gloversville was, but my trusty GPS took me to the door, and back home again. Problem is.... I still don't know where I was! Somewhere NW of Albany, mabe?
Gerry Mc

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor

#10 Post by Adam Wright »

Gerry-
You may not have been lost getting there, but a couple of hours into your parts searched you looked pretty lost, in the sea of unorganized parts. Glad you could stop by, our last visitor to the old shop, we should have done a ceremony of some sort.
www.unobtanium-inc.com

Sterling Vaden
356 Fan
Tag: Where is everybody going?

#11 Post by Sterling Vaden »

Been to Gloversville and Smithville... of all places.
SV
356*D = 912
http://picasaweb.google.com/456311

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor

#12 Post by Adam Wright »

I want to apologize again to all you guys I keep putting off about parts, but I really don't have access to most of our stuff right now. In 6-8 weeks we should have everything moved and put up on the new shelves, we made sure to make lots and lots of shelves this time around.
www.unobtanium-inc.com

Kevin Wills
356 Fan

#13 Post by Kevin Wills »

Good luck, Adam. Having just seen my brother go through this, I know it will be quite the project.

Gerry McCarthy
356 Fan

#14 Post by Gerry McCarthy »

Adam:
After only 15 years, I sold Kam (to a Stiff) and moved some of the remains to my basement. After 2 years of eBaying the "cream" (?), it took you 2 trips to find my basement floor! Moving (and organizing?) your collection in less than 3 months would be a minor mericle. I've been in my house for 54 years. I feel badly for what my kids will face when we are gone. Humans just collect "stuff"
KTF
Gerry Mc

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor

#15 Post by Adam Wright »

Gerry-
I hope you are enjoying your new-found celebrity status!
What I need to do is hire a retired Porsche expert and have him sort all the stuff, but where could I find such an expert in the tri-state area?
I am glad we were able to get your basement cleared, we should of set up chairs and enjoyed the view of "Lake McCarthy".
www.unobtanium-inc.com