"Durvit B" Door Glass For the Coupes & Twin Grille Roadster

Vendor announcements of new 356 products, product changes, recalls, requests for product feedback, or changes to their business.
Peter Silten
356 Fan

"Durvit B" Door Glass For the Coupes & Twin Grille Roadster

#1 Post by Peter Silten »

I am in the process of reproducing replacement Durvit B marked door-glass for the coupes and for the 1962 D’leteren bodied Twin Grille roadster. (I have already reproduced show-quality Sekurit door glass for the Drauz roadster, the Convertible D, and the coupes and cabs that came with Sekurit door glass.) What I learned during the course of this project is that the Durvit B logo for the Twin Grille roadster, of which only 249 were made, is different than the Durvit B logo for the coupes; the Durvit B logo for the Twin Grille roadster has a slightly larger font and different markings than the Durvit B logo for the coupes. I will be reproducing both versions in limited quantities. Both versions will be show-quality with their correct logos sandblasted on the face of the glass, just like the originals. As I get closer to actual production, which should be some time next month, I will have a better idea as to pricing. Please let me know if you are interested in acquiring one or more pieces of either version. I can be contacted through the Registry or directly at prs356@comcast.net. Thanks.

Peter Silten
356 Fan

Re: "Durvit B" Door Glass For the Coupes & Twin Grille Roads

#2 Post by Peter Silten »

My new glass project is moving right along. I will be making Durvit B door glass for both the B/C/SC coupes and the relatively rare twin grille roadsters very soon. This is your opportunity to replace your scratched/damaged door glass. To the best of my knowledge reproduction Durvit B door glass is not available from Stoddard, SMC, Pelican Parts, etc. Pricing is $215 each for the Durvit B coupe side glass and $325 each for the Durvit B twin roadster side glass. Prices include FedEx shipping in the CONUS. International shipping is available at actual cost. Please feel free to contact me directly -- prs356@comcast.net. Thanks.

Peter Silten
356 Fan

#3 Post by Peter Silten »

First run of the Durvit B Twin Grille Roadster glass is sold out. I do have two pieces of the Durvit B coupe glass that is still available. I may do another run if there is interest.

Greg Haskin
356 Fan
Tag: gh356

#4 Post by Greg Haskin »

Peter, cool that you are doing this project and that it is so well received. Probably too pedantic a question, but is there a difference between single and twin grill roadster glass?

Peter Silten
356 Fan

#5 Post by Peter Silten »

The glass is the same dimension-wise. The single-grille roadster glass was manufactured by Sekurit. This glass is identical to the glass for the Convertible D, which was also made by Sekurit. The glass for the twin-grille roadster was manufactured by Durvit and bears the Durvit B logo, which, as I indicated in my first post, has a different sized font.

Greg Haskin
356 Fan
Tag: gh356

#6 Post by Greg Haskin »

Great attention to detail. Curiously, my late single grill D’Iteren roadster (89458) has no marks on the side glass. There is nothing to indicate that the glass has been replaced. Finding differences between the three versions of Roadsters (Drauz, D’Iteren single grill and twin grill) is an interesting quest. Thanks again for your efforts to keep the roadsters as original as possible.

Michael Doyle
356 Fan

Re: "Durvit B" Door Glass For the Coupes & Twin Grille Roadster

#7 Post by Michael Doyle »

Peter .. do you any Durvit Cabriolet Wing Vent Glass? Thanks. /MD

Peter Silten
356 Fan

#8 Post by Peter Silten »

Hi Michael --

I didn't make any vent glass.

Regards,

Peter

Michael Doyle
356 Fan

#9 Post by Michael Doyle »

Hi Peter,

Can you add the Durvit B logo to my unmarked vent glass?

Peter Silten
356 Fan

#10 Post by Peter Silten »

Hi Michael --

I am sorry I can't. The fellow I used to create the glass and add the logos lost all of my patterns and logos when his computer system crashed.

Peter