New search functions on the site

Ask questions about how to use the forum or any features on the website. Give us your feedback.
Curt Dansby
Registry Pres

New search functions on the site

#1 Post by Curt Dansby » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:50 pm

Hi Folks
I am a bit reticent to make this post and am thinking I may be better served to just ask Nancy to hit me in the head with a shovel, but I guess I am a glutton.

There is a new piece of software in place for the forum search function and new parameters have been introduced to try and improve search functionality in the classifieds( two separate ends of the site, so forum search function changes are totally independent from classifieds search function changes- no cross pollination)

OK here goes. My Kevlar blanket should be here from Amazon in the morning. Lets have some opinions.

And hopefully, we can all
KTF
Curt

Wes Bender
356 Fan

Re: New search functions on the site

#2 Post by Wes Bender » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:57 pm

When did the new search function go into effect? And is it possible that it might be the cause of the extreme slowness of the forum response time that was first reported on July 8th?

See the thread above for details. It seems to only impact the forums. The rest of the website remains unaffected.

It is quite frustrating to have to wait for so long for anything to respond. It's also the reason that you are seeing more duplicate threads. Posters think that nothing is happening after they hit submit and they hit it again...

Sure would be nice to know that somebody is looking into the problem, but to date we've heard nothing. Trying very hard to KTF.......
Some days it just isn’t worth the hassle of chewing through the restraints......

Curt Dansby
Registry Pres

Re: New search functions on the site

#3 Post by Curt Dansby » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:25 pm

Hi Wes
It was incorporated just before my post so after the problem you are experiencing.
Also I have posted numerous times in the forum that I do not have the time to monitor the forum if you have issues you should bring it to our attention through an e-mail.
Thanks
Curt