It is currently Mon May 28, 2018 5:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:10 am 
356 Fan

Hi, this new site page does not fill on my computer screen and I can not get into areas of the site. Can not see left, right or top, even to sign in. I tried various computer screen changes, but still same...anyone having same issues and maybe able to fix?
Thx greatly appreiciated.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:00 am 
356 Fan

Ron Cherone wrote:
Hi, this new site page does not fill on my computer screen and I can not get into areas of the site. Can not see left, right or top, even to sign in. I tried various computer screen changes, but still same...anyone having same issues and maybe able to fix?
Thx greatly appreiciated.

Ive got the same problem. The black log-in and Registry Home page ends overlap my PC screen with pertinent data and entry spaces unviewable. Have sent concerns to the Registry a couple of weeks ago wth nary a response of what the problem, or an anticipated fix, may be.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:10 am 
356 Fan

The format for PCs no longer works with the Internet Explorer browser but will work with Mozilla Firefox. Probably the same for mobile applications that use IE.

2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
2002 HD Road King
1989 HD Softail Springer

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 11:33 pm 
356Talk Moderator

Tag: Be Nice!
Try holding the Control key down and pressing the '+' and '-' keys to get the size that works for you

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 1:59 pm 
356 Fan

Greg,
Does not do the trick, only makes everthing smaller or larger but does not expand the viewed area

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 3:14 pm 
356Talk Moderator

Tag: Be Nice!
This recently came out in an email to members . . .
See No. 1 for issue above.

Website tips
After a few weeks of using the new 356 Registry website, there seem to be some questions that are commonly asked. Here's a primer to help you navigate.

1. The home page doesn't fit on my screen.

If you can't see the page from side to side, you may be using an old or non-compatible browser. We have found that Firefox works fine. Older versions of Internet Explorer are not only visually problematic, but there are currently some issues with security in versions 6-11. Particular dangers are present for Windows XP users, which is no longer supported by MS. We suggest you try Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. Click on the name for more info and free downloads.

2. I can't find the login button.
See above. "Sign In" is at the far right and may be off the screen. If you are having trouble with the forum or classifieds, go to the home page www.porsche356registry.org and log in. The sign-in is at top right. If you have forgotten your password, click on "Forgot your password" under sign-in. If your email is correct in our records just follow instructions there.

3. Posting on the forum.
Start here: "FAQ" at top right. It means "Frequently Asked Questions" and your problem is most likely spelled out there.

4. My digest emails look weird.
If you subscribe to an email daily digest of all forum posts, you can change the way the posts look by clicking on "356Talk forum". At top far right you will see "User Control Panel". Clicking on that, under "Options" at left you will see "Digests". Clicking on that, you can customize which forums you receive, what time of day and how often. How they appear can also be set. "Plain HTML" is simplest but other choices are available.

5. Spam filters
If you use a program to qualify email senders, you won't receive our emails. Please make sure admin@porsche356registry.org and membership@porsche356Registry.org is in your list of contacts.

6. Still stumped? Contact us.
If you email or call, please let us know what computer you're working on (not, "My wife's) what OS and what browser you're using (not "The latest one"). Help us help you. Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 5:46 pm 
356 Fan

Greg,
The problem is not width wise but rather height where the top of the page is cut off.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 6:01 pm 
356 Fan

Not clear on why we should have to load different browsers. My current browser has never had any problems with any other world wide website pages I have visited - dozens a day. Think of the hundreds of visitors who happen to explore the site for the first time and not explore and leave -they won't see the tab for the forum and would not likely know to click the small icon on the right to open tabs- they certainly won't see this email for the fix and certainly would not reload different internet software. It works fine now for iPad but not my computer at home or at work both of which are only a year old.

1960 356B (110196) restoration project in progress

1968 912 Restoration Complete