Member listings?

Ask questions about how to use the forum or any features on the website. Give us your feedback.
Ron LaDow
356 Fan

Member listings?

#1 Post by Ron LaDow » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:40 am

I tried looking up a member to send an email; that member is not listed.
I'm sure he is a member, since he posts to the forum. Can members choose not to be listed? Or did he fall off somehow?
Ron LaDow
www.precisionmatters.biz

Rosemary Sampson

Re: Member listings?

#2 Post by Rosemary Sampson » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:04 pm

Ron:

I am not a techno whiz but this method has worked for me. Click on SEARCH in the upper right hand corner of any thread. Then type in the search term (example: La Dow) and proceed by clicking on SEARCH in the bottom center of that screen. You'll get a list of posts with the search term in it. IF the member has posted and you have the correct name, one of the posts will have his name on the far left in red. Then click on the name and you'll go to his profile. Then click on Send Email and an email will be sent to him through the Registry software. That software does not display the member's email address but sends him an email. Cumbersome and inelegant to be sure but it works for me.

IF you get to this stage, click on the person's name and you'll get his profile page and in red letters you'll see email if he has enabled transmission of email through the Registry.
Capture.JPG
You'll see me and you in the not very good picture. Click on the name on the far left to get to the person's profile.

MalibuRoam
Last edited by Rosemary Sampson on Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Roy Lock
356 Fan

#3 Post by Roy Lock » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:19 pm

Also to add to the last post, the "send" button is not obvious. It is a lighter color and you have to look for it. I think it is in the lower left hand corner after you type your message.
Also, you have to be logged on to be able to get to the email member option.
Roy Lock  
Registry #1704
356 Club of SoCal #0018
62 S90 Roadster "Ole Blu"
63 S90 Sunroof Coupe "Fritz"
70 Dodge Challenger T/A "Pinky" 

Ron LaDow
356 Fan

#4 Post by Ron LaDow » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:58 pm

Tried, but he doesn't have an 'email' tag in the lower left, and he's not in the list of members.
Thanks anyhow.
Ron LaDow
www.precisionmatters.biz