It is currently Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I cannot renew
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:33 pm 
I am logged in. I cannot renew my membership online or even get linked to the place to enter payment info.

By the way, would it be possible to consider a membership (presumably at a reduced cost) that did not include the magazine for those so inclined?

MalibuRoam

Post subject: Re: I cannot renew
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:33 pm 
356 Fan

Tag: Qtip
I renewed this am it worked fine but it said my membership started in2010 it is only 31 years off Steven.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:07 am 
356Talk Moderator

Tag: Be Nice!
I also tried and experienced some difficulty. I made and inquiry with our webmaster.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:20 am 
Today it let me renew although the process could be simpler. When I clicked on the RENEW MEMBERSHIP under the "MEMBERSHIP" drop down menu I was taken to a page that did nothing with regard to renewing membership. Clicking on the MEMBERSHIP STATUS part of that drop down took me to another page (different from yesterday when I was taken to the TAN page) which did enable me to renew. The system reports I've been a member since 7/17/2012. I renewed for a year and it now gives 7/8/14 as an expiration date instead of 7/17/14.

Since the confirming email says "your membership subscription is valid until 08 Jul 2014" and all I'm interested in really is membership since my home is overrun with magazines already, has any thought been given to memberships, perhaps at a reduced cost since the magazine is the bulk of our expense, without the subscription?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:56 am 
356 Fan

Rosemary,

I'm glad you were able to renew online. The Joomla tech people are continuing to work on this, and you're right, it could be easier and more user-friendly. Regarding dates of renewal, our system automatically renews from the date of the transaction (in your case, July 8th). Mary Skamser manually adjusts each membership to the proper renewal date. You will be credited with the extra nine days of membership.

Regarding your question, "has any thought been given to memberships, perhaps at a reduced cost since the magazine is the bulk of our expense, without the subscription?"
The trustees email addresses are easily found. As a concerned member you should ask them directly. And speaking of direct, the membership office has an email address and a phone number you can use to inquire about your membership, rather than ask the talk list. We work normal business hours and if you don't reach us immediately we will always get back to you as soon as possible.

Gordon Maltby

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:00 pm 
356 Fan

"......has any thought been given to memberships, perhaps at a reduced cost since the magazine is the bulk of our expense, without the subscription?"

Wasn't this issue settled in the bruhaha leading up to the last trustee election? :shock:

CW

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:24 pm 
356 Fan

Everyone to their own tastes, but I find the magazine to be a BIG part of the 356 Registry experience. It is a great magazine and reflects the huge amount of work that Gordon Maltby and staff must put into it. You may not appreciate how good it is until you compare it to other magazines from similar organizations.

Thanks, Gordon and staff. Keep up the good work.

Wes

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:43 pm 
356Talk Moderator

Tag: Be Nice!
I posed the question to the trustees that supervise this forum regarding tiered membership levels and at this time there is not a plan to have a membership without the magazine
Thanks!