It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:05 am 
356 Fan

Mr. Szabo

I am impressed by the ground swell of support that your "involved activist" movement is receiving from the club membership. This is an obvious indication that you must mount a campaign for Trustee as Mark Roth has rightly suggested. In doing so I suggest that you come up with a catchy slogan similar to "hope and change". I anxiously await the opportunity to follow your campaign on Twitter and Facebook. A man of your immense intelligence and popularity should easily be swept into office. You owe it to those of us who lack you vision. Please run.

Cliff

'63 GS 2133 coupe - very real
'67 S Original Owner - ultra real

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:45 am 
356 Fan

How about those Phillies?

Barry, Chuck, I guess this will have to be moved to a more obvious position and see what happens, as I'm asking for serious consideration of answering obvious questions about how the club is run.

I'll ask Vic what Trustees do...on what they vote, etc. I'll ask what we, the dues-paying members get from Chuck and George's long trip to a party put on by Porsche in far-away South Africa.

Gordon posted that the trustees put in so-o-o-o much time. OK, why? That's one simple honest question deserving of one simple honest answer.

I'll ask now, here, why the only quasi-"official" come-back has been from a great guy who shouldn't do such due to being a paid vendor. Gordon, you don't vote at meetings, do you? You get unchallenged bids approved by those who won't allow questions from guys like me or post answers about what they do or how they do it. I would suggest that since you are so very good artistically, creatively and editorially.......you would be best served NOT being the "mouthpiece" for the board so that no one could point to a conflict of interest.

I'm hearing flak from the Senate when I really want to hear the good stuff from the House.

What's the president doing on Company Business that prevents openly answering a few questions from the peanut gallery? Ahhhh, Gordon is the Press Secretary! Not.

Was it the late St. Harry of Pellow who can be quoted as saying; "It's hard to soar like an eagle...... when you are flying with turkeys"?

Back to the original topic.....when and how will we get good honest questions answered openly?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:45 pm 
356 Fan

Bruce,

Nothing I posted was intended to speak for any trustee, was not approved or even seen by them beforehand (and perhaps still has not been). Please don't assume I am a mouthpiece for anyone but me. My wife says I got a big enough mouth for one person.

I sent you a personal email a while ago. Awaiting your call or reply.

Gordon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:54 am 
356 Fan

Bruce Baker wrote:
...when and how will we get good honest questions answered openly?
This question is reasonable and deserves an answer.

Unfortunately, the accusatory language in the long laundry lists of alleged wrong doing has been so offensive that the Trustees have chosen to ignore the entire conversation. Can you blame them? Will the conspiracy theorists ever be satisfied? Chuck House answered most of these questions some time ago on this forum but some refuse to be satisfied. These facts make something like an "Ask the Trustees" Forum unlikely to exist for the purposes of asking reasonable, courteous questions.

As far as REASONABLE questions are concerned....Maybe the Trustees would accept questions via their email and post the question and answer here if they find the question reasonable. That wont stop the free speech of those who wish to rant but could be useful for getting some questions answered.

'63 GS 2133 coupe - very real
'67 S Original Owner - ultra real

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:28 pm 
356 Fan

Tag: Porsche enthusiast
This topic was temporarily locked on Aug. 6th, and several posts deleted, because the nature of the discussion had veered off into personal attacks and ill-tempered invective. The topic has now been unlocked (Aug 16th).