Now all we need are term limits.

'60 Devin D Race Car-in process
'63 GS 2133 coupe
'67 S Original Owner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:52 am 
356 Fan

Bill Oldham wrote:
Cliff,
You are such a valuable expert on 356 engines that I think most folks are hesitant to let you know how far off the mark you are on things social. On the one hand, I love your inputs on engines, carbs, tuning, racing etc, but on the other hand your constant harassment of the club volunteers is a total turn-off. Earlier it was term limits, now you are off on criticizing the website. Please think about what you are doing... demotivating the folks who make this thing work. If you feel you must speak up on something, then do so once but then let it go. One well thought out opinion is sufficient. Give the club a break.
Bill

Cliff, Vic has told You once! You are bad !!
Jay

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:04 am 
356 Fan

Hi Jay,
You are a reasonable person...what is your opinion on these questions?

Should there be public disclosure of travel and entertainment or other reimbursed expenses to any official of the Registry, in detail?

Should the bidding process for the editorial content and printing of our club magazine, as well as the membership office costs be available to the public, in detail?

Should the Registry accounting records be hand written and lacking of detailed entries?

Should our accounting be done manually(not computerized) when we are a worldwide organization that would naturally be likely to require the electronic transfer of the data?

Should a member be allowed to ask an accounting question without being told that they must travel thousands of miles to view the accounting records?

Should the official response to an accounting question posed by a member be absolute silence?

I was adamantly opposed to the law suit brought by Mr Heinricks and I still am but some of his points were valid. I really am surprised that club management continues to act much the same as before.

The majority of clubs have term limits and there are compelling reasons to have them.
Best,
Cliff

'60 Devin D Race Car-in process
'63 GS 2133 coupe
'67 S Original Owner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:56 am 
356 Fan

C J Murray wrote:
Hi Jay,
You are a reasonable person...what is your opinion on these questions?

Should there be public disclosure of travel and entertainment or other reimbursed expenses to any official of the Registry, in detail?

Cliff, what you are suggesting seems to be that the club post every transaction like a plane ticket, rental car, hotel room or meal in a public forum. How about you just ask Fred, our treasurer for the reimbursed expense categories? He was at the Iowa holiday with all current documents and also the last Ohio event (which you attended). Did you ask to see his records there? There is nothing being hidden, you just have to ask.

Should the bidding process for the editorial content and printing of our club magazine, as well as the membership office costs be available to the public, in detail?

First, to my knowledge there have been almost no other bids for the publishing and membership jobs in the last twenty years. I have stated this many times in the past: The proposals (bids) my company has made to the club over those 20 years or so have been carefully crafted to cover all phases of each job. I have, in effect, created the positions I and my employees have been hired to fill. I am not willing to publish them in a public forum, as it would then be simple for someone to just copy it and plug in a different number.
Rather, I am willing to provide any Registry member with the contract(s) upon request. I would ask that they not make them public outside the club. As far as I recall, you have never asked me for these contracts.

Should the Registry accounting records be hand written and lacking of detailed entries?

I would answer that with a question: Why not? Fred uses a written ledger sheet that does NOT lack detail. In the past I have taken some of his sheets and converted them to excel files simply to facilitate display at members' meetings. Regarding the ability to scrutinize the numbers, Fred's sheets serve the purpose just fine. If you were to sit down with him and look them over I believe you would have no problem digesting the info. His handwriting is pretty good. This is an issue of simplicity and comfort level and has nothing to do with lack of detail.

Should our accounting be done manually (not computerized) when we are a worldwide organization that would naturally be likely to require the electronic transfer of the data?

See above. Our accounting firm handles much of this.

Should a member be allowed to ask an accounting question without being told that they must travel thousands of miles to view the accounting records?

Wait, didn't you ask to talk with Fred and see his spread sheets in Ohio last year? Nobody has to go to Oregon to look over records but you also can't expect Fred to travel to see you. Are you going to LA for the Lit Meet? Fred can probably meet with you there.

Should the official response to an accounting question posed by a member be absolute silence?

No. If you didn't get a response you should try again.

I was adamantly opposed to the law suit brought by Mr Heinricks and I still am but some of his points were valid. I really am surprised that club management continues to act much the same as before.

The majority of clubs have term limits and there are compelling reasons to have them.
Best,
Cliff