Hello from Nortern California

For those who couldn't care less how their 356 left the factory!
Greg Banfill
356 Fan
Tag: I build my cars for me to enjoy, not you

Re: Hello from Nortern California

#31 Post by Greg Banfill »

Michael Hodos wrote:Greg:

Welcome to the Porsche 356 community. The 356CAR club is the Northern California contingent. We have ~300 members located between the Monterey peninsula and the Oregon border. The nearest meeting to your location is in Sacramento on the second Saturday of each month. Have a look at http://www.356CAR.org to see our newsletters, information about joining our club, etc. If you would like any additional information about 356CAR please send me a private message.

Thanks!

Michael
Thanks for the info.
Sac is a 2+ hour drive for me, but on a Saturday I could make a weekend out of it.
I'll check out the site.
Registry Member #30711
54 Outlaw
VW / Porsche - Vintage Warehouse 
Parting 55 Coupe

Anthony Merjano
356 Fan

#32 Post by Anthony Merjano »

Greg, my Magnesium American five spokes would look good on that outlaw ride
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/ ... id=1062920

Greg Banfill wrote:I'm new to 356 ownership, but have been around them and older VW's for quite some time now.

I recently picked up a '54 Coupe that I found on the Samba. It was also for sale here, but I guess no one was interested.

It's a basket case and needs a lot of attention. I'm sure I'll have many questions along the way.

Peter, the seller was great to deal with and I think he's just as happy I got this car as I am.

The car was originally sold in Santa Rosa (where I live) Pete picked it up about 20 miles from my house, one of the old "pink slips" (titles) that came with the car is an address within a mile from my house, so I'm pretty stoked about bringing it back home.

Anyway, here's my car.

As bought heading home on the trailer

and a few hours after getting it to my shop.

I plan on building an "Outlaw" of sorts so I figured I'd start with the wheels and suspension (what I do and know best)

2.5" dropped spindles with disc brakes in the font now with 4.5" Fuchs, and lowered 1 inner spline in the rear with deep 6" Fuchs in the rear on adapters.

Eventually I plan on switching out the brakes for these B brakes (currently on the vert pictured above) already set up for the 5 x 130 pattern.

and if I can get these fronts to work without needing the massive spacer with my 4.5's I'll switch to these B brakes on the front as well.

I've started ging through the boxes of parts I got with the car and I know I'll be searching for some stuff as well as needing help with info as time goes by.
Anthony Merjano

Greg Banfill
356 Fan
Tag: I build my cars for me to enjoy, not you

#33 Post by Greg Banfill »

Anthony Merjano wrote:Greg, my Magnesium American five spokes would look good on that outlaw ride
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/ ... id=1062920

I've talked to you via email many times regarding your wheels.
I'd be interested in them if there were 4 wheels with caps at your asking price.
Or at 1/2 your price for the 2 you have.
Last month ago I paid $2500 for this set of 4 with caps and no cut off snouts or extra holes like your have.

I'll be running them on a different project, definitely not the car in this thread, as it has a new owner.
You would know that if you read it instead of replying to the first post trying to push your parts.

Try the classifieds section for that instead.
Registry Member #30711
54 Outlaw
VW / Porsche - Vintage Warehouse 
Parting 55 Coupe

Anthony Merjano
356 Fan

#34 Post by Anthony Merjano »

Greg, there are good deals out there, I hear thru a friend that someone else up
your way scored four later 66-67 wheels this past month.
good luck with your project
Merry Christmas!
Anthony Merjano