Who owns this beauty?

For those who couldn't care less how their 356 left the factory!
Pat Daily
356 Fan

Re: Who owns this beauty?

#16 Post by Pat Daily »

Restomod

Great pics, but it looks to be a different car. With a turbo yet?
Pat Daily
Midlothian, VA
356B coupe (121123 aka "Fast Frieda") 

Mike Klapac
356 Fan

#17 Post by Mike Klapac »

Tom Tate wrote:Let me see if I can shed some light on this thread and also calm the waters a bit. The first photo above was taken in the parking lot of the Paul Russell Restoration shop in Essex MA as verified by by one of their high ranking officials. The car was sent there by George Nelson in Milton MA after he completed the car for a customer (verified by George today). The car was then sold by Alex Finnigan at Paul Russell to one of their customers. George is one of the best 356 mechanics on the east coast but he does not do metal or paint work. This car came to him with a Scat VW high performance engine which he removed and I purchased. He built and installed a twin plug 2.0L (actually 1988cc) 356 engine complete with two external oil coolers w/ thermostat, replaced the transmission with a 356 unit and sorted out the running gear. By the time it was done it could stare down a 911. I didn't mean to infer that he built the body or painted the car and I certainly didn't mean get anyone upset to the point of using bad language (or poor judgement) on this list. I will certainly try to be more careful in the future, silly me I thought that this was just a car club where we were all friends. KTF
We are all friends here. Sorry for the salty language. I figured a bunch of outlaw mother-scratchers could handle it along with the whole truth. I'm sure he did a great job on the drive train conversion of this already beautiful car.

Tom, if you or your friend George built an entire car from the ground up, sold it to someone who changed out the motor then heard them claiming they "built this car", you'd see where I'm coming from.

Thanks!

Mike Klapac
356 Fan

#18 Post by Mike Klapac »

Pat Daily wrote:Restomod

The link to the Pelican thread is the 53 Outlaw which is pictured on the lawn at the concourse. The car which started this thread is a 56 or 57, can't remember but I know it's a T1. Different car, similar look.

#19 Post by Guest »

Pat Daily wrote:Restomod

Yep you are right, I was in a gurry and did not look it over very well.......I will remove the link if needed.

Norm Miller
356 Fan
Tag: Official curmudgeon

#20 Post by Norm Miller »

Mike,

Two different cars here as far as I know.

The one Dirk refers to is an A model and Marks is a pre A.

Wipers up / wipers down, not to mention fuel tanks.

Now that depends, did mark build one prior to the 53 ?

Norm

Mike Klapac
356 Fan

#21 Post by Mike Klapac »

You got it. The A was built for him, by him. The Pre-A involved more people, but the vision was his and Fred's.

Glen Hamner, Jr
356 Fan
Tag: '63 S/R project, '80 911SC, '11 Cayenne

#22 Post by Glen Hamner, Jr »

This is what Aetna would look like on Joe's outlaw.
Attachments
cpeAoutlaw.jpg