Who owns this beauty?

For those who couldn't care less how their 356 left the factory!
Dirk Heinrich
356 Fan

Who owns this beauty?

#1 Post by Dirk Heinrich »

This is one of my absolute favorite 356. I only have this little picture, I believe I found online.

Would be nice to see a better pictures / more detail.

Does anyone know who owns this car?

Thx

jacob christensen
356 Fan

Re: Who owns this beauty?

#2 Post by jacob christensen »

Dirk Heinrich wrote:This is one of my absolute favorite 356. I only have this little picture, I believe I found online.

Would be nice to see a better pictures / more detail.

Does anyone know who owns this car?

Thx

Hi..

Try youtube under "356 outlaw" i think this is the one you looking for.

Nice car i agree.

Regards

Jacob

Jack Stenner
356 Fan

#3 Post by Jack Stenner »

One of my favorite youtube vids:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9l6MXbN7Yt0
53 Coupe #51576

jacob christensen
356 Fan

#4 Post by jacob christensen »

Jack_Stenner wrote:One of my favorite youtube vids:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9l6MXbN7Yt0
What about the color,is it aetna 740 or 707 aqua, anybody knows?

My 56 project need a color in the near future,maby this could be the one.

THX

jacob

tom mcmahon
356 Fan

#5 Post by tom mcmahon »

Just saw this.I think that car was for sale at Paul Russell some time back.they probably know the car and color.

mikeschramm
356 Fan

#6 Post by mikeschramm »

Hey Dirk, if you watch the vid it looks like this car has the windshield rubber trim installed but painted black. Seems like I knew who built this car at one time...... let me do some digging and see if I can get some info.

Tom Tate
356 Fan
Tag: Boston MA

#7 Post by Tom Tate »

The car was built by George Nelson of Milton MA for a customer a few years ago. George is doing another T2 for himself as we speak and will be out of the barn this spring. It's going to be an even better Outlaw, can't wait. KTF

Erich Wagner
356 Fan

#8 Post by Erich Wagner »

Dirk,

since today i know why you asked that question :wink:

Your car is HOT and my taste. It seems that i drift more in the "Outlaw Corner" the more Outlaws i see...away from "All has to be original" thinking. You and your car inspired me today and i enjoyed visiting you and talking about 356. Thanks for coffee and cakes.

If i would life in the US you would have to "upgrade" your carbs to catch me on Agels Crest Hwy 8)

All the Best,
eric from AUT
"In torque we trust"

1958 Speedster->resto           1957 Coupe
1954 1500-S Sunr. Project      1951 Coupe Project
1952 Denzel 1950 Coupe
http://forum.porsche356registry.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=17124

Mike Klapac
356 Fan

#9 Post by Mike Klapac »

Tom Tate wrote:The car was built by George Nelson of Milton MA for a customer a few years ago. George is doing another T2 for himself as we speak and will be out of the barn this spring. It's going to be an even better Outlaw, can't wait. KTF
I hope that this is a case of mistaken identity. I've seen the building of this car claimed by more than two people now. The car in question was built by Mark Brandt here in Colorado Springs. I painted my Bus in his shop while this car was coming together. You may have heard his name before as he had a heavy hand in building the 53 Outlaw featured in Excellence, the Registry mag and some other magazines which is now owned by Fred Vietch. I'm familiar because I did some fab work for it. Here's me with the 53 at the Broadmoor concourse a couple of years ago:Image

Here is a plastic Speedster he built after he sold the first outlaw:Image

Notice a trend here? All three blue with an airbrushed Mobil horse on the side.

Ask George how he airbrushed the Mobil horse on the sides, or how he powder coated the hinges white or how he tucked the fiberglass bumpers closer to the body. Whoever bought it may have put a motor in it, but to claim they got the car to LOOK like that....Bullshit!

mikeschramm
356 Fan

#10 Post by mikeschramm »

Yes Mike, thats who I remembered it being.

Is this the same guy that John Jones got his project preA from?

Tom Tate
356 Fan
Tag: Boston MA

#11 Post by Tom Tate »

Let me see if I can shed some light on this thread and also calm the waters a bit. The first photo above was taken in the parking lot of the Paul Russell Restoration shop in Essex MA as verified by by one of their high ranking officials. The car was sent there by George Nelson in Milton MA after he completed the car for a customer (verified by George today). The car was then sold by Alex Finnigan at Paul Russell to one of their customers. George is one of the best 356 mechanics on the east coast but he does not do metal or paint work. This car came to him with a Scat VW high performance engine which he removed and I purchased. He built and installed a twin plug 2.0L (actually 1988cc) 356 engine complete with two external oil coolers w/ thermostat, replaced the transmission with a 356 unit and sorted out the running gear. By the time it was done it could stare down a 911. I didn't mean to infer that he built the body or painted the car and I certainly didn't mean get anyone upset to the point of using bad language (or poor judgement) on this list. I will certainly try to be more careful in the future, silly me I thought that this was just a car club where we were all friends. KTF

Barry Brisco
356 Fan
Tag: Porsche enthusiast

#12 Post by Barry Brisco »

Tom, thanks for your post clarifying that George Nelson installed the engine and transmission and did some work on the "running gear". A significant amount of work, to be sure.

In your first post you wrote "The car was built by George Nelson" and Mike replied "The car in question was built by Mark Brandt... Whoever bought it may have put a motor in it, but to claim they got the car to LOOK like that..."

So a simple misunderstanding of the meaning of the word "built".

Back to talking about 356 outlaws...

Best regards,
Barry Brisco
1959 356A Coupe 105553, Ivory / Brown
2009 987 Cayman, Carrera White / Beige (daily driver)

Trevor Gates
356 Fan

#13 Post by Trevor Gates »

mikeschramm wrote:Yes Mike, thats who I remembered it being.

Is this the same guy that John Jones got his project preA from?
Mike - From reading the KCW forums, I believe so. He seems like a real down to earth guy, not interested in being "cool" just building cool cars. Admirable. I sure wish he was here on the Registry, I think he has much to contribute. His vision of what an outlaw should look like certainly appeals to me!

Maybe the car is just so good it's worth a fight. All in good humor of course. :D

Back to talking about outlaws indeed!
Attachments
3170871334_b8e1622ee9_o.jpg
https://www.instagram.com/trevorcgates/

Joe Blanche
356 Fan

#14 Post by Joe Blanche »

Here's a few pics I have

#15 Post by Guest »

Dont care who built it but here are somemore great pics....
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche- ... m-wow.html