Custom badge for Outlaw

For those who couldn't care less how their 356 left the factory!
John Montgomery
356 Fan
Tag: Taxidodger

Custom badge for Outlaw

#1 Post by John Montgomery »

Does anyone know of a company that can make a custom badge for the 356 engine cover.
I would like to have a badge made in the same style as the "1600" that is placed beneath the Porsche logo (on the A's and B's) but that reads "2600". I have seen something similar on some of the 356's with Poly motors. I figure that it can't be too difficult for a person with the right skills and tools to modify the 1600 badge by replacing the 1 with a 2.
thanks!

John

Bob Murray
356 Fan

Re: Custom badge for Outlaw

#2 Post by Bob Murray »

Hi John,
Were you able to find a source for a custom badge for your car. I am looking for a 2400.
Bob
916-955-8427

John Brooks
356 Fan

#3 Post by John Brooks »

If you want new custom badges, find a local jeweler that can do a lost wax casting, some old dentist can also do it. A local silver smith or jewelry artesian from the flea market might have the tooling.

Use an original script as a pattern in silicone elastomer. Remove the original script, Then pout in the green wax into the silicon mould.

You now have a green wax impression of the script. Replace the 16 with a new 24 in the wax impression Pour a plaster cast around the wax. Then melt out the wax and you have a mould of the numbers. Once you have a mould you melt any metal and cast new numbers. Then polish the casting and electroplated it gold. The wax can be carved to replace the original number. You can modify the mould to include the post for attaching it to the car, if you do a split mould. A good jeweler or hobby casting guy can make the emblems.

No idea how much each one would cost, it's not too hard, but the cast metal tooling is the problem. Some one who does ceramics might also be able to do this.

https://youtu.be/t1_NZKTewtg
https://youtu.be/zdoWE_Vr8b8
John Brooks

62 Roadster
66 912
84 Cab
getting pushed around in porsches since 1965

Conrad Carter
356 Fan
Tag: Let's be careful out there!

#4 Post by Conrad Carter »

My car would never qualify for an Emory badge so I bought a cool badge on EBay. Search for “road racing outlaw” and you will find it. Even has “356” on it.
Conrad

Erik Thomas
356 Fan

#5 Post by Erik Thomas »

I made a badge by wire cutting it. CNC shops can do it. I made mine out of brass, polished it. I had to drill small holes and solder in studs. Was not difficult

Bob Murray
356 Fan

#6 Post by Bob Murray »

Not sure if you found a source for a badge. I have had 3 made by a company in Lebanon. Found them on eBay. Good service and great product.
https://yourcustomemblem.com/ sales@yourcustomemblem.com
I worked with Ted very happy. Go to their gallery mine is the 56outlaw (lic plate) 2400 super. I had mine gpld
plated in the states.
Happy customer
Bob