DISK Brakes C hubs with 5x205 pattern ?

For those who couldn't care less how their 356 left the factory!
Emanuele Borchi
356 Fan

DISK Brakes C hubs with 5x205 pattern ?

#1 Post by Emanuele Borchi »

Hello everyone from Italy!
This is my first post so i would like to introduce myself, i am restoring as 356 Conv D
who was a race car since late 60s until early 2000s.
I will keep the race upgrades made during the years like the pretty cool suspension setups.

Maybe in the future i will do a concourse restoration, but for now i like to enjoy it as it was
for over 45 years, a race car!

My question is, i have found disk brakes all around. They are very nice and excellent conditions, so
i would not to swap back to drum brakes, as i have photos of the car with these disk brakes as early
as it went racing. But i definetively like the 5x205 wheel pattern, so is there a sort of "fake drum" to fit
5x205 over 5x130 pattern?

I have seen the wheel adapters, but if i see correctly the nuts of the 5x130 pattern will be visible (without
mounting the hubcaps) and i would like to have the drum brake look from outside.

Many thanks for every input!

John Brooks
356 Fan

Re: DISK Brakes C hubs with 5x205 pattern ?

#2 Post by John Brooks »

Early B Carreras has "porsche angular disc brakes". They were used until the ATE patents were licensed. They had a 205 mm Wide Five pattern, but they are rare and very spendy. I think there is a vendor re manufacturing them for restorations.
Attachments
image.jpeg
John Brooks

62 Roadster
66 912
84 Cab
getting pushed around in porsches since 1965

Emanuele Borchi
356 Fan

#3 Post by Emanuele Borchi »

Thank you! They are great, Anular brakes i know them, but i have the 5x130 pattern who should be drilled there... or completely reverses to anular.

I am more focused on something to look the drum brakes and less expensive, the current brake system works great just want to improve the look.

Emanuele Borchi
356 Fan

#4 Post by Emanuele Borchi »

Any more suggestions? =) everything is welcome!

Mark Schumacher
356 Fan

#5 Post by Mark Schumacher »

I believe California Import Parts, a VW supplier has these. I bought a set a few years ago for a reason I now forget. Maybe trying a get my toque dude to work
I think their website is www.cip1.com but am not sure

Jules Dielen
356 Fan

#6 Post by Jules Dielen »

i don't believe adapters to go from 5x130 to 5x205 exist. The VW adapters are for 1968-on VW 4 lug to 5 lug (5x205) there is, however, a disc brake conversion kit for drum brake cars with 5x205 bolt pattern but you already have a disc brake setup.

EDIT: here you go. You will need to source some VW bug lug bolts and not use nuts to secure your wheels. Not sure how this will affect your offset. http://www.jbugs.com/product/9481.html
Jules

Water pumps are for windshield washers only.