tyre dillemma

For those who couldn't care less how their 356 left the factory!
Gerard Laurence Collins
356 Fan

tyre dillemma

#1 Post by Gerard Laurence Collins »

Hi All,
my first post !
Ive had my car since 1980 , I'm NOW correcting all the things I'd like to , so Ive finally ditched the Zeniths for webbers (best thing I ever did) popped on a sebring exhaust (bloody loud but they all see you coming) fitted csp front disks (rotors , possibly rears to follow) got the red interior it left the factory with (its so much nicer to be in than with a black interior) and fitted some Empi alloys (ebay) which require less polishing and have strangely solved an annoying creak !

Anyway , the Empi's came shod with 185/60 15's rear and a17/55 15's front. I am told they came off a beetle.
I popped them on to my very often driven car which is driven with much gusto around my very hilly , twisty turny locality of East Lancashire/North Yorkshire borders and discovered to my great pleasure and delight that this car now handles very very keenly indeed.
So I've just put some very nice new rear tyres on , the aforementioned 185/60 and things have got even better but the tyre shop can't source the 175/55's.
My question now is :-
Which should I go with 175/50's or 175/60's which are available ??
Attachments
a picture of the tyres
a picture of the tyres

Martin Benade
356 Fan

Re: tyre dillemma

#2 Post by Martin Benade »

The 175/60 is closer to the diameter of the rears, so of the two sizes that is a reasonable choice. Nothing requires the diameters to match, but it left the factory that way.
Cleveland Ohio
62 Cabriolet
56 VW
02 IS 300
04 Sienna

Gerard Laurence Collins
356 Fan

Re: tyre dillemma

#3 Post by Gerard Laurence Collins »

Thanks I sort of agree