Vehicle WRAPS

For those who couldn't care less how their 356 left the factory!
Herlin E. Woolery
356 Fan

Vehicle WRAPS

#1 Post by Herlin E. Woolery »

Hello all.
Wondering any one done a car wrap ( no not the music) on the 356's that seems to be getting popular lately and if it effects the paint job?, not sure if it has been talked about but looks interesting :)
Herlin Woolery
58 A coupe

marcsherriff
356 Fan

Re: Vehicle WRAPS

#2 Post by marcsherriff »

It'd be a great way to get that patina, rat look, with structural integrity.
As to paint damage underneath. Several factors. Age and quality of paint, particularly clear coat if you have it. Next is the quality of wrap stock. Yes they vary, like anything, and finally the applicator. I've seen some shocking consequences after removal, caused purely from the applicators trim knife, during install.
Check out other cars your chosen applicator has done, and pay close attention to the sharp corners.
I am no expert, but have been interested in this, so have done some of my own research.
Good luck.
Marc Sherriff
Marc and Cars
www.youtube.com/c/marcandcars

Perth.
Western Australia.

Herlin E. Woolery
356 Fan

#3 Post by Herlin E. Woolery »

Thanks Marc,
I was thinking of this procedure due to cars going into racing or just Wrapping it instead of getting it Painted but the draw backs are that when washing the car or every day use of a car that been Wrapped would not last long like a good paint job would.
Still it is another avenue to check into and learn more into it , thinking that a lot of paint and body shops are forced go by the environment codes that some are looking to change the way we think instead of Painting the car there is other ways to go at it and save the environment at the same time, in other words (yuck) Politically correct.
Herlin

marcsherriff
356 Fan

#4 Post by marcsherriff »

Herlin,
The wrap product that most quality applicators use, is easily as durable, and usable as a painted car. You treat it the same as paint. Polish it the same, etc. So I would not be concerned about that. It scratches about the same as paint too.
Marc Sherriff
Marc and Cars
www.youtube.com/c/marcandcars

Perth.
Western Australia.