4 outlaw fans

For those who couldn't care less how their 356 left the factory!
Nigel Cousins
356 Fan

#16 Post by Nigel Cousins »

Count me in for a few T shirts - will be cool this side of the Pond. Your idea has just gone international.

Chuck Olenyk
356 Fan

Pure Blaspheme - modify an existing badge?

#17 Post by Chuck Olenyk »

This is a quick and dirty render idea. How about a decal or sticker that fits over an existing modified badge. Sand down the badge, paint or polish it, apply decal, mount to car.
Chuck Olenyk
1957  356A  "Outlaw"

"Friend Me" on Facebook

John Knight
356 Fan
Tag: Trailers are for boats.

#18 Post by John Knight »

I'm in for 2-3 stickers, a t-shirt, badge - whatever you decide to do.
John Knight
Southern Owners Group

Mike Baskette
356 Fan

#19 Post by Mike Baskette »

Guess I am the oddity. I like the first one.........very edgey, rather dark..........Very Deadwood. Nice work

JOEL JENSEN

#20 Post by JOEL JENSEN »

Do em both. I'm in.
Al Swearengen :!:

Dirk Heinrich
356 Fan

#21 Post by Dirk Heinrich »

Thx again everyone! I am working on the printing. I will have them done so they stick from behind ('adhesive on the face').
The badge thing would be nice, but the $$$ seems pretty high. The stickers are not cheap either (they get reasonable with numbers over 500 - how many are we and how many envelopes do I want to send???) :shock:

Jon Wright
356 Fan

#22 Post by Jon Wright »

Dirk: Count me in. I will offer help again if you want. My friend in our local 356 car club associated with the Registry owns a silk screen company and makes decals all the time for us and they are cheap. He also silkscreens our T-shirts with our club logo. We sell our decals and/or give them away because they are very inexpensive and of high quality. So if you would like to get him to do the work, let me know. He can quote you first. I have no affiliation with his business as I'm just a Outlaw Nut.

Bill Waite
356 Fan

#23 Post by Bill Waite »

Coolest part of this thread (IMHO): there's a whole lot of Outlaw enthusiasts on this list. If the "powers that be" ever expand the list of main forum categories... I'd like to see an "Outlaw" heading for the "non-concours" group.

I think both ideas are great but if just one goes to press, I'd choose the Outlaw Racing one.

I like Olenyk's idea and noticed the "Little Bastard Bodyworks" badge. I've used that shop, it's located back in the woods in Rockford, MI. The guy seems to have been sniffing lacquer thinner for a few too many years.... but he's still very talented.
Bill Waite
Grand Rapids, MI

1965 356C Coupe "Reversible Outlaw"

Thomas Tisthammer
356 Fan

4 outlaw fans

#24 Post by Thomas Tisthammer »

Sign me up for some of those stickers when ready! I agree, a section in the forum for outlaws would be welcome. Reading about the correct screws for this & that has lost its appeal to me.....
tat

Jon Wright
356 Fan

4 outlaw fans

#25 Post by Jon Wright »

All say amen to that!
356 SC Outlaw in Progress

In a message dated 10/10/2008 8:05:45 A.M. Central Daylight Time, fordlandia@sbcglobal.net writes:
Coolest part of this thread (IMHO): there's a whole lot of Outlaw enthusiasts on this list. If the "powers that be" ever expand the list of main forum categories... I'd like to see an "Outlaw" heading for the "non-concours" group.

I think both ideas are great but if just one goes to press, I'd choose the Outlaw Racing one.

I like Olenyk's idea and noticed the "Little Bastard Bodyworks" badge. I've used that shop, it's located back in the woods in Rockford, MI. The guy seems to have been sniffing lacquer thinner for a few too many years.... but he's still very talented.

Bill Waite
Grand Rapids, MI
'65 356 C Coupe
'73 911E Coupe

New MapQuest Local shows what's happening at your destination. Dining, Movies, Events, News & more. Try it out!

Post generated using Mail2Forum via email.

Rich Behrends
356 Fan

#26 Post by Rich Behrends »

I just love the fact that there are many of us who see the merits of a 356 OUTLAW.
Not every 356 needs to be restored to original.
That would be boring. The main thing is we LOVE 356's
OUTLAWS are built to be driven, Not just sit and look PRETTY.
Drive them and enjoy.
Rich Behrends
lurking since March 09

Mike Baskette
356 Fan

You Outlaws

#27 Post by Mike Baskette »

At first, some years ago, I thought the Outlaw cars were....well, just wrong. I owe all of them a retraction of my misguided thought.
I now believe that the Outlaw cars are beyond cool. Looking for the matching screw that goes to the correct tail light supplied by the numbers correct wire is draggin' me down.
I feel like da' man has got a thumb on me, pushin' me down.
On the other hand a stock ride is a thing of beauty.
So, not only do I like the stickers I am with the Outlaw crowd.
Give em' a deadicated section on the website and lets have some stickers.

Jack Walter
356 Fan

#28 Post by Jack Walter »

Shouldn't there be an Iron Cross in the center of the emblem?

I'm seconding the suggestion for an Outlaw section

Original Outlaw in restoration -

Jack Walter
shocking the purists for 37 years.

JOEL JENSEN

#29 Post by JOEL JENSEN »

Jack,
That would be 'Proudly Producing Profuse Pourings of Purist Puke Past and Present'.

Charles Rollins
356 Fan

#30 Post by Charles Rollins »

Iron Cross, Like this?

[/img]
Charles Rollins
1962 356 S90 Coupe
1970 911T
1964 Safari Rally Mercury Comet