Non-stock wheels on your 356? Post a pic!

For those who couldn't care less how their 356 left the factory!
KRIS VANDORT
356 Fan

My 64 356 C wheels

#31 Post by KRIS VANDORT »

:?: Supposedly 67 912 wheels
[/i]

Jim Breazeale
Classifieds Monitor
Tag: SF Giants Fan

#32 Post by Jim Breazeale »

951 Spare wheels on my 65 C Coupe and 15 X 7 American Racing wheels on a 62 Cab Race car that I owned for a short time. They are the only set of 15 X 7 American Mags I have ever seen! I've had numerous sets of 15 X 6 Americans. The wheels are now on Dink Farmer's "Beastyboy"
Jim Breazeale
www.easypor.com
www.facebook.com/pages/European-Auto-Salvage-Yard-EASY/120458108029410

Christopher Toy
356 Fan
Tag: Turbo Addict

#33 Post by Christopher Toy »

15X6 & 15X7 Polished Fuchs
Chris Toy
Talk Moderator

Simon Hitchman
356 Fan

#34 Post by Simon Hitchman »

Christopher could you tell me what size tire your running at the front?
Malvern
United Kingdom

Christopher Toy
356 Fan

#35 Post by Christopher Toy »

Simon Hitchman wrote:Christopher could you tell me what size tire your running at the front?
205/60/15 front
225/55/15 rear
Chris Toy
Talk Moderator

Jean-Luc CRIADO
356 Fan

GT = outlaw !

#36 Post by Jean-Luc CRIADO »

Before i'm selling my 356 project, i want installed the GT mag wheel in 6x15 version.....very nice but very rare, rare=expensive...now, i have always my wheels and i have 2 set of an aluminium version in 7x15 for 911/912.....my GT stamped date 69 !

ImagePorsche American Racing Magnesium Wheels SOLD by jean-luc criado, sur Flickr

in france, the local manufacturer sale in 70's a GT wheel name, in aluminium and 7x15...
what do you think ?
I have only 2.....the destination is clearly for the 911 !
ImageGT wheels 7X15 ET 10 by jean-luc criado, sur Flickr

JLC 8)
Last edited by Jean-Luc CRIADO on Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Barnfind 69 912 polo red American Racing Equipment wheels, sport seat, sport exhaust, sport steering wheels > no sport engine !
79 SC.....need a lot of attention !
Search 67 KG T14
16188 member

Christopher Toy
356 Fan

#37 Post by Christopher Toy »

Here's a photo taken at North Meets South, April 2008 of an exceptional 356 Outlaw's front wheel, reportedly mfg by American Racing.
Looks a lot like Jean-luc Criado's wheels above.
Chris Toy
Talk Moderator

Jim Breazeale
Classifieds Monitor
Tag: SF Giants Fan

#38 Post by Jim Breazeale »

Christopher Toy wrote:Here's a photo taken at North Meets South, April 2008 of an exceptional 356 Outlaw's front wheel, reportedly mfg by American Racing.
Looks a lot like Jean-luc Criado's wheels above.
Chris

Those wheels are American Racing Magnesium wheels from the 60s. They were powdercoated to provide a smooth, bright finish, acording to the owner. American Racing wheels tend to get dark from tarnishing and also are very porous, thus leaking air right through the rims. Been there, done that! It was a pleasure seeing your 356/930 next to the car in the picture. Good old fashioned hotrodding is not confined just to the Street Rod crowd. Way to go!

Regards
Jim Breazeale
www.easypor.com
www.facebook.com/pages/European-Auto-Salvage-Yard-EASY/120458108029410

Christopher Toy
356 Fan

#39 Post by Christopher Toy »

Jim Breazeale wrote:It was a pleasure seeing your 356/930 next to the car in the picture. Good old fashioned hotrodding is not confined just to the Street Rod crowd. Way to go!
Regards
Thanks Jim, really appreciate the compliment from a true pro.
Chris
Chris Toy
Talk Moderator

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor
Tag: KTF

Fake Fuchs, wide five

#40 Post by Adam Wright »

How about these? They came on a 59 I found last year. I probably should have kept the wheels, when am I going to see another pair like them.

www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

JOEL JENSEN

#41 Post by JOEL JENSEN »

Adam,
They look a lot like the wide 5's availble from the usual VW sources. They also have BRM'l in black and grey and Minilite replicas in both 4 and wide 5 patterns. I'm surprised more 356 guys haven't used them.
Regards,
Joel

Terry Nuckels
356 Fan

#42 Post by Terry Nuckels »

Dan Jacob
356 Fan

Jack McAfee Wheels on my 356

#43 Post by Dan Jacob »

Hello!

I have been fortunate enough to have acquired this set of Jack McAfree wheels for my 1964 "C" Sunroof. I got them about four or five years ago at at swap meet in Ventura, CA. They needed to be polished and I had to have the spinners rechromed. Since then the wheels have drawn many positive comments and several people want to have them. They tell me to NOT leave the car alone!

Dan
AZ Outlaws
Dan Jacob

Tom Tate
356 Fan
Tag: Boston MA

Eagle Alloys

#44 Post by Tom Tate »

Here is a set of 5 1/2" eagle Alloys on Blackie. Put them on this weekend as I had tired of the stock chrome wheels. The center cap was CNC'd by a local Co and the crest is off a C/SC flat hubcap. These were found on Ebay 2 years ago, new in the box never installed. I had a mahine shop enlarge the bolt holes as they were made for a VW w/ 12mm studs and ours are 14mm. I bought nuts off the internet , they are 22mm and seat down onto the rim as the stud isn't long enough to stick out. I could've put longer studs on but then the stock wheels couldn't use the hubcabs. I wanted to be able to swap them back and forth easily.

Photos were taken w/ the car on the lift.
Notice how the clean (not polished) drums look like modern discs ! Many think that the car has been converted to disc brakes.

Mark Pribanic
356 Fan
Tag: Drive 'Em!

Re: Eagle Alloys

#45 Post by Mark Pribanic »

Tom Tate wrote:Here is a set of 5 1/2" eagle Alloys on Blackie. Put them on this weekend as I had tired of the stock chrome wheels. The center cap was CNC'd by a local Co and the crest is off a C/SC flat hubcap. These were found on Ebay 2 years ago, new in the box never installed. I had a mahine shop enlarge the bolt holes as they were made for a VW w/ 12mm studs and ours are 14mm. I bought nuts off the internet , they are 22mm and seat down onto the rim as the stud isn't long enough to stick out. I could've put longer studs on but then the stock wheels couldn't use the hubcabs. I wanted to be able to swap them back and forth easily.

Photos were taken w/ the car on the lift.
Notice how the clean (not polished) drums look like modern discs ! Many think that the car has been converted to disc brakes.
Looks like the same wheels that were on my '58 when I bought it in 1999. I did not have center caps though...

Mark Pribanic
Registry# 13617
Florida Owners Group Trustee - 2008-2010
Neptune Beach, Florida USA
Instagram: Mark.Pribanic