The beginning of my modest outlaw project

For those who couldn't care less how their 356 left the factory!

Paint or not

Paint new color Auquamarine Blue Metallic
100%
Paint Original ( not my favorite ) Ruby red
No votes

Total votes: 9

brett kerkhof
356 Fan
Tag: San Diego, CA

The beginning of my modest outlaw project

#1 Post by brett kerkhof »

Hello members just wanted to talk about the awesome progress I made on the car. As follows:

- New front disk brake conversion with all new components and stainless steel lines. ( Don't worry i kept every original part and everything is reversible ).
- New Anti-roll bar bushing kit ( 6 bushings and hardware ).
- Adjust timing to purr like a kitten at idle and no more pooping out and stop signs.
- New rear axel boot and gear oil flush.
- Lowered the front of the car 1.25".
- New European clear turn signal covers and bulbs ( the driver side front was out ).
- Removal of bumpers, factory fogs, and hubcaps.
- Complete buff and wax to even out sun spots and crappy paint job touch ups and lots of never dull on the chrome bits.
- New spare tire leather mounting strap.
- Repair oil leak at bottom of mounting plate
- Last but not least my wife and I took our very first long drive in the car together with big smiles. To bad i can't mount the car seat in the back for the little one.

Results are better looks, handling, brakes, and no leaks! I want to paint the car Aquamarine Blue Metallic. Ruby red is the ordinal color but the engine case is from a 356 "c" car still has rebuilt engine with Super 90 internals as the car is a super 90 car from the factory. My VIN is 121841 and the case number is 730127. I have all records for the car back to 1978. Is this going to kill the value or will it pay off by getting rid of slight visible rust/bondo issue it currently has? Just pondering future projects for my 356.
Attachments
After
After
Before 2
Before 2
Before 1
Before 1
Vin#121841
1963 356 B S90

marcsherriff
356 Fan

Re: The beginning of my modest outlaw project

#2 Post by marcsherriff »

Car's coming along nicely! Enjoy the road trips with Mrs as the babysitter becomes available. I did fit a baby seat, and it has been a great family car. As my little princess (daughter, not car), is getting bigger, it is becoming a tighter squeeze in the back. I need her to get to the "Booster seat" height soon, or there will be some lonely trips ahead.
Were the factory fogs fitted to the bumper, or proper brackets? I love the no bumper, fog light look on an outlaw. Looks racy. Looking at the photos, you might want to look at a set of drumskinz? They tidy up the no hubcap look at the axles, on race cars, and outlaws. Also hides your disc rotors, and makes the car look like it has drum brakes.
Fix the rust/Bando problems, in winter.
Marc Sherriff
Marc and Cars
www.youtube.com/c/marcandcars

Perth.
Western Australia.

Martin Benade
356 Fan

#3 Post by Martin Benade »

Your car looks great. You would find a nice improvement in both looks and handling by slightly lowering the rear, much more difficult than the front was, but worthwhile as it looks a little high with possibly a touch of positive camber.
Cleveland Ohio
62 Cabriolet
56 VW
02 IS 300
04 Sienna

Brian Jones
356 Fan

#4 Post by Brian Jones »

I agree with Matins comments

Doug McDonnell
356 Fan

#5 Post by Doug McDonnell »

It is yours. Paint it the color you love! 65 C Adria Blue Metallic/Tan Leather. Originally Ivory/black.
1965 356C 2000 BMW 740i Sport 1967 Honda CL77 There is never enough time to do it right, but always enough time to do it over.

Neil Bardsley
356 Fan

#6 Post by Neil Bardsley »

Doug McDonnell wrote:It is yours. Paint it the color you love! 65 C Adria Blue Metallic/Tan Leather. Originally Ivory/black.
+1

This is an outlaw you shouldn't have to ask. Do that you want with your car.