356 Video's from 2013 R Gruppe Treffen trip/track day

For those who couldn't care less how their 356 left the factory!
Brad K

356 Video's from 2013 R Gruppe Treffen trip/track day

#1 Post by Brad K »

Hey guys – my r gruppe 911 was in the body shop, so I took my 356 hardtop 62 track/tour car with the PacNW members to the 2013 r gruppe treffen in solvang, ca with a track day at streets of willow springs, ca – here are some videos – except for the rubbing on my backing plates, pretty much all was well on this 3,000 mile trip from seattle and back – mpg as high as 30.3!!!

Track day at willow springs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ehJl6sqPTI

Fun Run from Leggett, CA to Pacific Coast:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96WtTxFSwYY

thanks for looking, cheers, brad k in sea!!!
Attachments
356 willow springs.jpg

Mike Colomby
356 Fan

Re: 356 Video's from 2013 R Gruppe Treffen trip/track day

#2 Post by Mike Colomby »

Hi Brad,
What type of wheels are on that car?
They look great.
Mike

Brad K

#3 Post by Brad K »

hi mike - thanks for the complement - these wheels are centerlines - i am not convinced on the looks, so i'm glad it's on an outlaw (and in the outlaw section!) -

i purchased these wheels for the low weight (15" x 6" = approx. 10.5 lbs) (stock 15"x 6" steelies = approx. 16 lbs) - i cannot emphasize enough the incredible improvement in acceleration, braking, and handling that light weight wheels offer - I would not own a 356 w/o light wheels now!!!

My preference was to source some original technomags, but when they rarely come up, they go for close to $1k per wheel - i also like the looks of the new technomags, and other CNC aluminum wheels out there, but they weigh closer to 12 lbs, and cost a bunch

I had a local machine shop drill the vent holes, and brake adjustment holes (i don't know if the brake holes will work due to their depth?) - i also purchased 1/4" & 3/8" spacers from GT werks so the centerlines fit right

When i was at 2013 Treffen, Gary Emory was there and gave me the thumbs up on the Centerlines - he mentioned that back in the day, spun wheels like Centerlines were the only option for light wheels, and he has sourced an even earlier brand of similar vintage spun aluminum wheels for one of his current 356 projects - i was psyched!!!

hope this helps - thanks again - cheers, brad k in seattle!
Attachments
356 willow springs small 2.jpg

Mark Morrissey

#4 Post by Mark Morrissey »

I was there that day ...great car Brad.

Brad K

#5 Post by Brad K »

hey mark - nice to hear from you - we ate dinner together with a bunch of r gruppe guys the night of the track day - i also think i have your car on the video (getting away fast) - there are a few r gruppe guys who are also 356 registry guys, mostly outlaws!

hope to see you at the 15th treffen!!!

cheers, brad k in seattle!