Fuel tank options

For those who couldn't care less how their 356 left the factory!
Jon E. Askins
356 Fan
Tag: Outlaw Porsches, When OEM just won't do.

Fuel tank options

#1 Post by Jon E. Askins »

I had a difficult time deciding what to do for my fuel tank.

After pricing several options and originally re-manufacturing my original tank only to have issues with ethanol and immediate liner deterioration I settled on a custom built tank.

I wanted to post this for those of you on a budget and looking for a NICE, option to consider.

This tank was custom built to my specs, it has the pickup and vent line fittings for a nice clean install and receives the VDO sending unit for use with the stock gauge. The original strapping was used to install the tank too.

I added a bracket on the front for remote mounting of my 911 brake fluid reservoirs. The custom bracket on the tank allows the custom dual reservoir bracket added in a clean way as well.

The beauty of this option is the cost. I saw many tanks with these types of options well in to the thousands. This complete tank with custom brackets, 911 M/C, lid and hoses was all under $1000 (at the time). There are different cap options too such as the pop-up version.

Since I consider my Outlaw mild I also kept the interior looking original for the petcock valve.
:-)

I am not selling these, but will help members get in contact with someone who does if you send me an e-mail. I hope this is not deleted as an ad, because I am not selling but would help a member locate one if in need for their chariot.

KTF
Jon
Attachments
petcock / cabin view
petcock / cabin view
without spare
without spare
installed new tank
installed new tank
before view
before view
as displayed view