Fakes

For those who couldn't care less how their 356 left the factory!
Barry Brisco
356 Fan
Tag: Porsche enthusiast

Re: Fakes

#61 Post by Barry Brisco »

Michael Doyle wrote:Also, I believe insurance company's and collector car appraisals these days are very much wanting, even requiring, that there be valid documentation on particular cars with owners wanting "agreed values" placed on them.l
Last year I insured my '59 coupe with Hagerty, a well known classic and collector car insurer, under an "agreed value" policy. Hagerty did not require any "documentation" other than a brief written description of the car, written by me, and a small number of photos. No appraisal required or requested by them.

That was my experience with getting an "agreed value" policy in early 2011.

Best regards,
Barry Brisco
1959 356A Coupe 105553, Ivory / Brown
2009 987 Cayman, Carrera White / Beige (daily driver)

Michael Doyle
356 Fan

#62 Post by Michael Doyle »

Barry Brisco wrote:
Michael Doyle wrote:Also, I believe insurance company's and collector car appraisals these days are very much wanting, even requiring, that there be valid documentation on particular cars with owners wanting "agreed values" placed on them.l
Last year I insured my '59 coupe with Hagerty, a well known classic and collector car insurer, under an "agreed value" policy. Hagerty did not require any "documentation" other than a brief written description of the car, written by me, and a small number of photos. No appraisal required or requested by them.

That was my experience with getting an "agreed value" policy in early 2011.

Best regards,
Barry...I believe it is the model of the car, it's provenance, and the desired value that an owner wishes to place on it that insurance companies and appraisers use to determine the extent of documentation. If your car "fit" into their market value reports, you were probably just fine.

Perhaps there are some members on this Forum that are connected to this side of the business that could also comment.

Michael

Jim Liberty
356 Registry Member
Tag: Jim

#63 Post by Jim Liberty »

Guys, this is not an ad for Hagerty, but they know the car market quite well. They insure all my cars, and I have one in particular with a large coverage. They did ask for more pictures, and a little more information for this particular car. At least for me they have been a delight to work with. I suspect if one asked for something well over market value, there would be further information required.

........................................Jim.
Jim Liberty

Brian Jones
356 Fan

#64 Post by Brian Jones »

Hey Jim,
You only have to make four more posts and you will hit that magic number,
Congrats on making Trustee,
Brian Jones #8448 :