1957 Ruby Red Outlaw in So Cal

For those who couldn't care less how their 356 left the factory!
Rick Pogue
356 Fan

1957 Ruby Red Outlaw in So Cal

#1 Post by Rick Pogue »

There is a 1957 Ruby Red Outlaw at TruSpeed Motorcars in Costa Mesa...

I don't have any affliation with the listing or endorsement but I was really impressed with the pedal assembly and shifter combination they did along with bodywork and wide five EMPI's they chose.

Because the car is for sale and I didn't want to post it in the Classifieds...you'll have to do a bit of research and check out the pictures of the build and share what you think about the choices they made building their first Outlaw.

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor
Tag: KTF

Re: 1957 Ruby Red Outlaw in So Cal

#2 Post by Adam Wright »

Looks well finished but at $100,000 it should be. Here are some pics.
Attachments
out1.jpg
out2.jpg
out3.jpg
out4.jpg
out5.jpg
out6.jpg
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

Joseph Flood
356 Fan

#3 Post by Joseph Flood »

I purchased my 993 from Truspeed. They were great to deal with, and sell nice cars at fair prices. They are not cheap, but not over priced either.
--Joe

Mike Klapac
356 Fan

#4 Post by Mike Klapac »

Other than the body, is there any Porsche in that car?

Barry Brisco
356 Fan
Tag: Porsche enthusiast

#5 Post by Barry Brisco »

Rick Pogue wrote:There is a 1957 Ruby Red Outlaw at TruSpeed Motorcars in Costa Mesa...Because the car is for sale and I didn't want to post it in the Classifieds...you'll have to do a bit of research and check out the pictures of the build and share what you think about the choices they made building their first Outlaw.
To try clarify the policy about posting on 356talk about 356s for sale, since there are some grey areas:

If you are not the seller and you want to start a topic about a 356 offered for sale, just to discuss the car and solicit opinions (perhaps you are a potential buyer, perhaps not), that is allowed. It would be unreasonable to ban all discussion on 356talk about a 356 that is for sale, especially since the Classifieds area on this site doesn't provide the capability to post questions and start a discussion.

That said, 356Talk rules prohibit sellers from starting topics about cars they are selling, or plan to sell. And if a seller enlists another 356Talk member to post about a car they are selling, as a way to do an "end run" around the rules, that is not allowed. However, if someone starts a topic about a car that is for sale, the seller is allowed to join the discussion and answer questions about the car.

Obviously the moderators are not are not mind readers, and sometimes an unscrupulous seller could get a post made about a car they are selling, using another 356talk member, just to promote the car on 356Talk, and we won't be able to tell. But if we find out that is what they are doing, we will deal with it.

If anyone has any questions about this, please contact me directly. Thanks to everyone for their cooperation, and I hope it can be appreciated that the moderators are not trying to suppress discussion about 356s that are for sale, we are only trying to enforce the basic rule that "for sale" type posts are not allowed on 356Talk, they are only allowed in the Classifieds.

And Rick, it would be okay to post a link to the website where the car is being offered, since the intent of your post is to discuss the car, and you are not the seller.

The link is http://www.truspeedmotorcars.com/car_de ... p?cid=1914

Best regards,

Barry
Barry Brisco
1959 356A Coupe 105553, Ivory / Brown
2009 987 Cayman, Carrera White / Beige (daily driver)

Anand Sher

#6 Post by Anand Sher »

I'm fairly tall, but with that seat placement, the only thing I would see is the underside of the dash top!