Where did everybody go?

For those who couldn't care less how their 356 left the factory!
Vic Skirmants
Registry Hall of Fame

Where did everybody go?

#1 Post by Vic Skirmants »

It's been ages since somebody posted their outlaw.
They've all either been arrested, :P
or they are out driving their cars! :D
8)

C J Murray
356 Fan

Re: Where did everybody go??

#2 Post by C J Murray »

Maybe they're in the witness protection program?
'57 Speedster
'59 Sunroof
'60 Devin D Porsche Race Car
'63 Cabriolet "Norm"
'67 911 S Original Owner
'03 Ferrari 575M
'09 Smart Passion

Mike Ruddy
356 Fan
Tag: https://tinyurl.com/yw3jedrh

Re: Where did everybody go??

#3 Post by Mike Ruddy »

:( Here`s a couple I spied this last weekend at Hedingham, just to keep you going.

First one belongs to VWRetro steve...

And this is Karls (Hashmans) car...

More photos from Hedingham here, over on DDk...

http://www.ddk-online.com/phpBB2/viewto ... highlight=

It truly was a great day out.

Mycar.

Rusty Willey
356 Fan

Re: Where did everybody go?

#4 Post by Rusty Willey »

I check around here often, no new info to share on my rig so I stay quiet. My second A coupe that I plan to build somehow has been put on the back burner while I bought and restored a 61 ragtop Beetle for my Daughter. My present project is to repair my 59 Single Cab (hit and elk and blew up the engine) And bad news is, I think I am going to build a T-boned 52 Standard Beetle after that. I think after the Standard I will start part two of my 356 story, build my next Coupe and be a little more active in the 356 world again. I bet the amount of people who quietly check this website and never say anything is pretty high, I am a part of that group right now.
Don't hate me for driving Volkswagens.

Mark Pribanic
356 Fan
Tag: Drive 'Em!

#5 Post by Mark Pribanic »

My internet time had been reduced drastically. Between our 3yr old daughter, a 2nd child (boy)on the way and running our small business I don't have much me time. I have however been driving the 356 a bunch since the 741 gearbox went in.(thanks Vic for all the advice) Approaching 6000 miles since February. Hope to hit 10,000 plus miles this year. I took this picture yesterday and it looks like I need to drop the front down a little bit. Hope everyone else is enjoying the heat wave and driving their 356's!

Mark Pribanic
Registry# 13617
Florida Owners Group Trustee - 2008-2010
Neptune Beach, Florida USA
Instagram: Mark.Pribanic

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor
Tag: KTF

#6 Post by Adam Wright »

Wow, 10,000 miles! I only found the time to get about 200 last year.
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

Vic Skirmants
Registry Hall of Fame

#7 Post by Vic Skirmants »

Adam,
You have to count your truck and trailer miles, schlepping those cars and parts; you're probably over 50,000! :wink:

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor
Tag: KTF

#8 Post by Adam Wright »

Vic-
My poor truck is feelin' the miles, all 175,000 of them. I have to put it in the shop this week to put a differential on it, they had it on the lift and the driveshaft has plenty of play, and not the good kind.
Criss-crossing the country for 356's and parts is fun, flogging the truck, until the truck kicks back!
Attachments
hersh2011.JPG
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

David Baugh
356 Fan

#9 Post by David Baugh »

Even after my own personal tutorial from Barry, I still can't figure out how to post my pics.
I've been able to e-mail them to friends, but can't post.
Dumb as a box o' rocks!

Dave
When in doubt .... Gas it! 
'58 356A Coupe

Herlin E. Woolery
356 Fan

#10 Post by Herlin E. Woolery »

Been a member for long time and just now got on (been a while) and still have problem with pictures to post.
Herlin
58A coupe driver 104120

David Baugh
356 Fan

#11 Post by David Baugh »

A big thanks to Bill Waite for the assistance in re-sizing my photos.

Here's my 58 A coupe. Just finished a complete body restoration and engine overhaul.
Polished the .25/.25 crank, new Teflon coated rod & main bearings, new 912 rods (balanced), new A&A biral 86mm cylinders & pistons, new oil pump gear, new SC cam & lifters, head job, new pushrod tubes, and a new lightened 200mm flywheel. Did all the engine work, except machining, myself.

I had the body work done by Tom Prescott at The Bodywerks in Holly Hill, but installed the trim and interior myself with products from Interiors International. Headliner (with a big assist from Tom) wasn't as difficult as I had imagined, but carpets were a bear. Seat covers were a new experience, as well.

Dave
BAUGH 58 COUPE.000.JPG
Attachments
BAUGH 58 COUPE.005.JPG
BAUGH 58 COUPE.004.JPG
BAUGH 58 COUPE.003.JPG
BAUGH 58 COUPE.002.JPG
BAUGH 58 COUPE.001.JPG
When in doubt .... Gas it! 
'58 356A Coupe

DAVID FREDERICKS
356 Fan

#12 Post by DAVID FREDERICKS »

David Baugh wrote:Even after my own personal tutorial from Barry, I still can't figure out how to post my pics.
I've been able to e-mail them to friends, but can't post.
Dumb as a box o' rocks!

Dave
You are correct. It is impossible to post high rez photos and posting photos in general is difficult compared to other websites. You are not dumb as a box o' rocks.

John Pritz
356 Fan

#13 Post by John Pritz »

Rusty Willey wrote: I bet the amount of people who quietly check this website and never say anything is pretty high, I am a part of that group right now.
I love your car!

But right now I just don't have the confidence to post photos of my outlaw. It's a little out of the norm and maybe because I'm probably younger than most here. Once the engine is sorted out I will not care what other people think, but right now I'm in the - "frustrated with an amazing car and not up to handling any criticism" camp :)

Barry Brisco
356 Fan
Tag: Porsche enthusiast

#14 Post by Barry Brisco »

DAVID FREDERICKS wrote:It is impossible to post high rez photos and posting photos in general is difficult compared to other websites. You are not dumb as a box o' rocks.
There is a 1.5Mb size limit on individual photo files. There is no limit on the total number of photos you can post except for a limit of 6 per post (but you can make an unlimited number of posts).

Detailed instructions on how to post photos is here:

http://porsche356registry.org/356talk/15/26523.HTML

Print out the instructions and then try a practice post with a photo in the Test Track Forum.
Barry Brisco
1959 356A Coupe 105553, Ivory / Brown
2009 987 Cayman, Carrera White / Beige (daily driver)

Mot Megan
356 Fan
Tag: Reuter Coupe #131754 since March '75

#15 Post by Mot Megan »

But right now I just don't have the confidence to post photos of my outlaw. It's a little out of the norm and maybe because I'm probably younger than most here. Once the engine is sorted out I will not care what other people think, but right now I'm in the - "frustrated with an amazing car and not up to handling any criticism" camp :)
John,

Speaking only for myself, I'd love to see your car --

It's unfortunate, but even here in the "Outlaw" forum, there is a certain orthodoxy of opinion that comes into play. The feeling is that while a car can be modified, it can only be done in a certain "approved" way -- step outside the lines and you can expect to be criticized, or at least shunned with silence.

Rusty's car was a happy exception to that rule, and though it was not without it's initial detractors, the originality and audaciousness of his build attracted quite a following here, and deservedly so IMHO. It was like a breath of fresh air.

For myself, I'm little impressed by what can simply be bought with a fat wallet, but always charmed by the workings of creativity, craft, and art -- none of which are, to my knowledge, commercial commodities.

If you are putting your heart and soul into your tub, please don't be afraid to show it here, some of us would love to see it.

Tom
By the work, one knows the workman -- La Fontaine