Where did everybody go?

For those who couldn't care less how their 356 left the factory!
Michael Banchero
356 Fan

Re: Where did everybody go?

#31 Post by Michael Banchero »

michael, I would love to make it, when it happens. Let me know. I need to take the 54' for a good long ride!!!!!!!! But boy is it loud in there,
MICHAELB

Phillip Blacklock
356 Fan

#32 Post by Phillip Blacklock »

Here's mine. Just purchased and being converted to RHD for driving in West Oz.
This is my second post. Previously, posted pics and invited feedback and suggestions for mods (I'm thinking a centre red stripe) and got neither.
My car is an American import into Australia and in 1983 was owned by a Mr Mark Mikolyski from Hollywood, California.

Phillip B
Attachments
outlaw being loaded 2 (1024x576).jpg
DSC_0795 (1024x576).jpg
DSC_0992 (1024x671).jpg
Last edited by Phillip Blacklock on Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
PBlacklock

1963 356 B-Californian Import-SOLD
1980 911 SC sunroof coupe
1978 Kombi Campervan
1993 Mazda MX5

Vic Skirmants
Registry Hall of Fame

#33 Post by Vic Skirmants »

When did Outlaws ever need suggestions from anybody else? :wink:
Do what you want, and show people afterward.
It's easier to ask forgiveness than permission.
(I'd forgo the stripe; too common. How about red "spears" off the headlights; very 1950s.) :)

Bill Waite
356 Fan

#34 Post by Bill Waite »

Phillip,

I'm with Vic... stripes down the middle are everywhere around here, even in North Dakota :). But... maybe not in Western Australia? Your car looks fantastic "as is." Very "kewl" as the kids say!

Bill
Bill Waite
Grand Rapids, MI

1965 356C Coupe "Reversible Outlaw"

Phillip Blacklock
356 Fan

#35 Post by Phillip Blacklock »

Thanks Vic, will give it consideration. I was inspired to purchase the outlaw by Shane B,s-I liked the look of his car, hence the centre stripe idea for my car.I invited some suggestions for ideas as my local outlaw scene is non-existent and I saw the registry as a way of broadening my exposure to ideas.Another mod I'm considering is a four into one, centre-exit exhaust system.I have played some u-tube clips of people's cars with Sebring exhaust systems fitted.Some mentioned problems with the fit of the Karman Konnection supplied system and also some resonance issues.Others mentioned concerns about the weight of the system hanging off the head studs only. Can anyone with experience of this exhaust system comment ?
PS Thanks Bill- you're right about not common here ! I have never seen one in Australia in fact and definitely not locally.
PBlacklock

1978 Kombi Campervan
1993 Mazda MX5

Michael Doyle
356 Fan

#36 Post by Michael Doyle »

vic skirmants wrote:It's been ages since somebody posted their outlaw.
They've all either been arrested, :P
or they are out driving their cars! :D
8)
Hi Vic,

You make an interesting observation about the "Outlaw" posts above.

Renaming as "Special Interest" to include additional posts for factory Porsche models with a "subtitle" such as the Spyder, Carrera, and limited production or one-off specials would be a great informational and educational opportunity for this Club.

I know you and the rest of the Board members wish to have/use a "Wait and See" approach to this recommendation, but again, you made a good point yourself in your post..."It's been ages since somebody posted their outlaw".

You could always try the change...and use "Wait and See" on how it does. Sometimes change is not easy, and if you take a step back, it's simply a matter of perspective.

Have a great day!

Michael Doyle

Eric Lampe
356 Fan

#37 Post by Eric Lampe »

Phillip Blacklock wrote:Here's mine. Just purchased and being converted to RHD for driving in West Oz.
This is my second post. Previously, posted pics and invited feedback and suggestions for mods (I'm thinking a centre red stripe) and got neither.

Phillip B
I like the look of your car. I recently purchased my first Porsche, a 1963 Super 90 Coupe. The original engine is reportedly in another car, so I cannot restore it to" original". This gives me some freedom, however. I also have a 1965 Coupe that is a wreck with no title. I am going to pull the disk brakes off and install them on the 63 since the original brakes have been removed from my car. The previous owner started to make an outlaw out of the 63 by welding all the holes closed on the rear end and he was going to install the beehive lights. He did a good job with the welding and I may install the lights as he planned. He welded the bumper holes shut and I may leave it that way. I like the look without bumpers. I would not modify the paint on your car if it were mine. I like the single color look.

Chris Hansen
356 Fan

#38 Post by Chris Hansen »

Ours are kindred spirits. Yours has that finished polished look though :)
Attachments
IMG_2108.JPG
Chris Hansen
63S Outlaw Maestro massaged
76 930 modded to the gills

Jacques Lefriant
356 Fan

#39 Post by Jacques Lefriant »

here is one of the first Outlaws
pancho 13052 004.jpg
pancho 13052 004.jpg (27.56 KiB) Viewed 5588 times
A replacement body from porsche 1960 early T5 GT(692/3) engine 60mm brakes alloy wheels 550 front spindles and more swiss cheese drilling in everything.

Michael Doyle
356 Fan

#40 Post by Michael Doyle »

Jacques Lefriant wrote:here is one of the first Outlaws
pancho 13052 004.jpg
A replacement body from porsche 1960 early T5 GT(692/3) engine 60mm brakes alloy wheels 550 front spindles and more swiss cheese drilling in everything.
Jacques...is there a story to those rear bumper guards? Quite the conversation pieces!

Michael

Chris Hansen
356 Fan

#41 Post by Chris Hansen »

And this one because I like the looks of the backside of the old girl.
Attachments
IMG_2495.JPG
Chris Hansen

Phillip Blacklock
356 Fan

#42 Post by Phillip Blacklock »

Thanks Chris and Eric for your feedback.
I really enjoyed the posts and photos of your trip Chris and it has inspired me to consider a cross-continent drive followed by a Tasmania to Cape York Peninsula (top of Australia) tour to coincide with retirement in a few years time.
I know from experience that there is a lot of pleasure to be had in simply planning such a trip. I am hopeful that my 356 will be in top mechanical condition by then for such an undertaking.
I note that our cars have similar exhaust systems fitted (Bursch ?)My car is still 2,500 km away, being converted to RHD before I take delivery and I have never heard it run. I have a similar 4 into 1 system fitted on my Kombi and that sounds pretty good. What do you think of the sound with your system Chris ?

PS: Did you know that matt paint effect will buff right out (if you want, of course !)
PBlacklock

1978 Kombi Campervan
1993 Mazda MX5

Chris Hansen
356 Fan

#43 Post by Chris Hansen »

I don't know what finish yours will have when you get your car but since this was my second Bursch system I stripped them when I got them and put silver 1500-1700 header paint on them. It lasted about a year and needs to be done again. Will probably go back with black this time. I really like the sound of the system.
Attachments
IMG_1325 1.JPG
Chris Hansen

ruedi Brack
356 Fan

#44 Post by ruedi Brack »

we use it THE WHOLE YEAR.......... no mater how cold it is, modern gas heather, heathed windscreen and a lot of torque
Attachments
Dig it out, : 5°F.... any questions ?
Dig it out, : 5°F.... any questions ?
little bit sideways keeps the windshield clean.......
little bit sideways keeps the windshield clean.......

Mark Pribanic
356 Fan
Tag: Drive 'Em!

#45 Post by Mark Pribanic »

Love the schwischen shot!
Mark Pribanic
Registry# 13617
Florida Owners Group Trustee - 2008-2010
Neptune Beach, Florida USA
Instagram: Mark.Pribanic