Non-stock seat options Here are my pics

For those who couldn't care less how their 356 left the factory!
Jon E. Askins
356 Fan
Tag: Outlaw Porsches, When OEM just won't do.

Non-stock seat options Here are my pics

#1 Post by Jon E. Askins »

First the idea:
-not stock, but Porsche style in the Outlaw application
-Porsche Speedsterish
-tilt with stock Speedster style and yet slide and not cost thousands of dollars, so here is what you get of $1000 and some sweat and creativity.

They are more comfortable than you might think. Everyone who says UGH! how uncomfortable are those? I let them sit down and everyone has said WOW, I would not have believed how comfortable these are if you had told me.

The grey foam will be covered to match the stock wine red interior, when I get time and $$$$.

now, who needs stock?

Dirk Heinrich
356 Fan

Re: Non-stock seat options Here are my pics

#2 Post by Dirk Heinrich »

Nice Jon - I like those seats.

Here is my solution. Custom seats on custom brackets - I wanted to sit low, so I had to fabricate my own mechanism. I got lazy and did not include a hinge for now. You really have to be around 5.11' to see anything and be able to reach the pedals.
Seats1.JPG
Also, you should weigh 160 - 170 to fit in that tight seat. Haven't really figured out how to un-offensively say NO if a person with the 'wrong' rear asks for a ride ;)

Seats2.JPG

John Hawkins
356 Fan

#3 Post by John Hawkins »

Dirk Heinrich wrote: Also, you should weigh 160 - 170 to fit in that tight seat. Haven't really figured out how to un-offensively say NO if a person with the 'wrong' rear asks for a ride ;)
Dirk,
You could could make a "Go-No Go" gauge for their butts. :D
John

George Maffey
356 Fan

#4 Post by George Maffey »

Any other clever ideas out there on seat transplants for my 64 Coupe? THX George

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor
Tag: KTF

#5 Post by Adam Wright »

I have seen some clever stuff done with 914 seats in a 356, it just takes some thought and ingenuity.

Dirk-
One of the coolest pair of seats I have ever found was a pair of Speedster seats that a guy pulled out of the car when it was less than a year old and had the dealership put in coupe seats. He put the Speedster seats in the garage wrapped in plastic. The reason he got the new seats was his wife must of had a lot of "junk in the trunk", and could not fit into the Speedster seats.
Attachments
speedseats.jpg
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

#6 Post by Guest »

My current plan is to have my stock seats and a set of aluminum ones on a set of mounts that you could swap them easy/quickly.