Increment of drop

For those who couldn't care less how their 356 left the factory!
Kent von Severin
356 Fan

Increment of drop

#1 Post by Kent von Severin »

When lowering the tail of a T6 via swing arm spline rotation, is the degree of drop minute? I ask because I need to undue a process ( partially ) that I did not perform. Does anyone have an Idea as to what the increment is axle center, per spline?

mikeschramm
356 Fan

Re: Increment of drop

#2 Post by mikeschramm »

Through experience I can tell you that by manipulating inner and outer torsion orientation you can drop or raise in approximately .55cm increments. EXAMPLE Inner spline rotation +1 outer spline rotation -1 = 0.55cm. Inner splint rotation +2 outer spline rotation -2 = 1.10cm .....and on and on.
Just moving rotating the torsion up (+1) on the inner spline will get about 6.00cm drop. Just rotating the torsion up (+) on the outer split (spring plate) will get about 5.50cm drop.

Sterling Vaden
356 Fan
Tag: Where is everybody going?

Re: Increment of drop

#3 Post by Sterling Vaden »

In terms of degrees, rotating one inner spline and one outer spline the opposite direction will yield 50' or just less than one degree of angle change of the spring plate. A change of less than 50' (50 minutes of one degree) is not possible.

If you measure the height location of the end of the spring plate and calculate the difference in height, that will equal roughly the height change when it is put back together. Be prepared for some experimenting. It usually takes me three tries before I am satisfied, despite supposedly knowing what I am doing...
SV
356*D = 912
http://picasaweb.google.com/456311