Pre A restoration-KCW style

For those who couldn't care less how their 356 left the factory!
Rusty Willey
356 Fan

#61 Post by Rusty Willey »

Engine is in!!!! I believe John is 100% finished with this project :D :D :D :D :D DONE!!!!!

Don't hate me for driving Volkswagens.

Rusty Willey
356 Fan

#62 Post by Rusty Willey »

John had a great weekend with this rig. We drove from Grand Junction CO to the show in Park City, LOADS of fun!!!!! , what a great reception!!!! Everybody loved checking out these cars and had TONS of questions. John and I were fielding questions all day at the concourse, didn't really have as much time as I had hoped to check out other rigs. We were blown away when at the award banquet they called out John Jones as the winner of the Outlaw class!!!!!! :D :D :D So great to get recognition from all of the Porsche guys for such a simply built, out of the box car. Really cool to meet everybody I have been talking to on this Forum, nothing but good things to say :D :D :D :D

Joey Bautista
356 Fan

#63 Post by Joey Bautista »

I love everything about this bad a** outlaw ! :D from the color choice, the deco trim, to the interior. Excellent execution of a tasteful outlaw. Nice touch on the VW cruiser pedal as well ! 8)

Kudos to both builder and owner for their unique creation with chocful of fine details.

Barry Haines
356 Fan

#64 Post by Barry Haines »

Rusty Willey wrote: Image
awesome

there is a major problem with the above photo! it doesn't fit my desktop properly :(
http://356restoration.blogspot.com/ yeh I know its not a 356 but my missus set up the blog for me. I wanted the real thing so much that I even replicated a restoration lmao!

Rusty Willey
356 Fan

#65 Post by Rusty Willey »

Maybe one of these will work? :D :D

Barry Haines
356 Fan

#66 Post by Barry Haines »

:D that bottom pic sets the mind wandering, they are great pics

the top one fits better for me - I'm 1280 x 800

I couldn't think of an apt comment about flooring it - in reference to the two side by side, but I bet that felt soooo cool driving along and I hope they were flooring it 8)

thanks for sharing

P.S. In case I win the lottery, could you make a right hand drive version?
http://356restoration.blogspot.com/ yeh I know its not a 356 but my missus set up the blog for me. I wanted the real thing so much that I even replicated a restoration lmao!

Rusty Willey
356 Fan

#67 Post by Rusty Willey »

RHD should be no problem, they have done it before and can do it again. The Beetle we drove over with to the WCH was a very stealthy RHD conversion. We weren't exactly flooring it side by side during that photo just cruising around 67, pretty fast for me. The crazy part was my buddy Franz who drove down the shoulder of the highway at the same speed to get the photo!!! :D :D

Barry Haines
356 Fan

#68 Post by Barry Haines »

8) 8)
I'll keep my fingers crossed then re lottery

Mark Pribanic
356 Fan
Tag: Drive 'Em!

Re: Pre A restoration-KCW style

#69 Post by Mark Pribanic »

I read on the KCW thread that it is now for sale. Although I have not seen it officially listed on another site yet in the classifieds.
Mark Pribanic
Registry# 13617
Florida Owners Group Trustee - 2008-2010
Neptune Beach, Florida USA
Instagram: Mark.Pribanic

Kai Schilders
356 Fan

#70 Post by Kai Schilders »

Mark Pribanic wrote:I read on the KCW thread that it is now for sale. Although I have not seen it officially listed on another site yet in the classifieds.
I think interested parties would be wise to call Brendan @ Holy Grail Garage:
http://www.holygrailgarage.com/Comingsoon.html

Mark Pribanic
356 Fan

#71 Post by Mark Pribanic »

I wasn't aware they drove it to Southern Cal. I wonder if it is the same car? I know it did get driven to the 356 Registry WCH in Utah though. I think it won an award there.
Mark Pribanic
Registry# 13617

#72 Post by Guest »

Here it is, Just found it on the Samba.....
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/ ... id=1045645

Mark Pribanic
356 Fan

#73 Post by Mark Pribanic »

$67,000...I wonder how much more it would bring with a 356 gearbox and hopped up 356 engine.

Hope this car makes it to the Southeast. Defininite cool ride.
Mark Pribanic
Registry# 13617

Rusty Willey
356 Fan

#74 Post by Rusty Willey »

I knew from the day John said he was going to build a 356 that it also meant he was going to sell a 356. John doesn't collect cars he builds them. I wish he had a bit more personal attachment to his cars and kept them longer but pretty much when they are finished they usually are on the block. The good side is that he has put dozens of beautiful cars back on the road and into the hands of happy new owners. Pretty sure if anybody really desired John could swap out the engine and tranny, and weld in a stock tunnell. He does own a start to finish, all inclusive restoration shop :D :D :D . If I had it I wouldn't mess with it at all for a LONG time. Just drive the hell out of it and collect all the correct parts and put them in a box so that 30 years down the road when this car is tired and in need of another restoration the parts can be there.

Steve Proctor
356 Fan

#75 Post by Steve Proctor »

Was this car at the WCH in Park City? The interior and seats look very familiar...

STP
STP
Steve Proctor
Member Since 1977
VIN 84757