5.5 inch Lemmertz wheels are touching my shocks

For those who couldn't care less how their 356 left the factory!
Geoff Ver
356 Fan

Re: 5.5 inch Lemmertz wheels are touching my shocks

#16 Post by Geoff Ver »

Helge Tielker wrote:Guys,
do you also use spacers to bring the front wheels more to the outside?

thanks
Helge
Hi Helge,
Selling two 5.5 inch Lemmertz, painted in Wurz silver. Maybe you can use them?

Edwin Ek
356 Fan

#17 Post by Edwin Ek »

Helge Tielker wrote:Guys,
do you also use spacers to bring the front wheels more to the outside?

thanks
Helge
You can. A wider track is better, if it doesn't create rubbing problems. I am not going to do that initially but may at a later time.

If you are being careful about the dates for your rims, ones with the same month as the delivery date (especially early in the month) are likely not correct. The 356 was an assembled car, so there was a bit of a lag from when the suppliers made a part and when it showed up at the factory and was used.

The data from unmolested cars suggest that the rims were stamped one to three months before delivery date. This seems true for my car: delivery was in February and two rim centers (probably original) were stamped January.

Helge Tielker
356 Fan
Instagram: www.instagram.com/helge356/

#18 Post by Helge Tielker »

So this means it is better to get wheels with data from 9 or 10 of 1959 instead of my 12/1959?
Are the data of the wheels being registered in the REUTTER database?
356 B Coupe 12/59 ruby red/ black
"REDMAXX"
356 C Coupe 64 BaliBlue
(under restoration)

Edwin Ek
356 Fan

#19 Post by Edwin Ek »

9, 10, or 11 for the month. With a preference for 10 or 11, according to my tastes.

If you mean Reutter build records, I have never seen them. My guess is only paint and upholstery would be recorded, because Reutter built bodies and didn't assemble the cars.

If you have access to the Reutter records, take a look anyway. Who knows what you might learn.

Helge Tielker
356 Fan
Instagram: www.instagram.com/helge356/

#20 Post by Helge Tielker »

I have the CoA, but it looks like there is more info available - here is what is written on the homepage:

Quote:
We are proud being able offering this special document of your Reutter built car based on original historical data, showing various details of how your specific 356 has been delivered to Porsche.
As Reutter built the body including the interior - besides outside color and color codes, our certificate will give you detailed information about the various specifications of your car: such as the seat, color and used materials (f.e. leather, fabrics), dashboard color, color and materials for door covers, flooring (including producing companies) … to name just a few.

The delivery date from Reutter to Porsche is part of the documentary and - once you proofed your ownership – we´ll provide the keycodes of your car to you within the certificate.
In certain cases we´ll add extra specifications as long as they are mentioned in the historical documents.

In addition to the written information you´ll receive a printed color-card giving to get an impression of how the specifications of your car looked like.
The documentary will give you as well some historical background of Reutter´s history including a couple of historical pictures provided by the Reutter Family Archive.

The Karosserie Reutter certificate will be the ideal supplement to the original Porsche certificate showing you technical information of your engine, gearbox etc.
Our nicely printed certificate costs 356,00 € (including 19 % VAT but for international buyer out of the EU it´s VAT free ( - 19% off).
A duplicate of the documentation costs additional 39,00 € and can be ordered separately an shipping costs worldwide 7,50 €.

To place your order, all you have to do is to send us the VIN (Reutter Karosserie number), 2-4 pictures of the car how it looks today (for documentary reasons) and a proof of ownership (if you´d like to get the key numbers info as well).
You´ll then get a confirmation via email
As we already received quite a lot orders from Porsche 356 owners all over the world and our accurate research for the certificate takes it´s time, we´ll thank you for your patience that from date of ordering to secured shipping of the certificate it will take at least two weeks.

The certificate is available in german language and in english, please let us know what you prefer.
end go quote....
356 B Coupe 12/59 ruby red/ black
"REDMAXX"
356 C Coupe 64 BaliBlue
(under restoration)

Edwin Ek
356 Fan

#21 Post by Edwin Ek »

From that description, the only extra information (beyond the CoA) this Reutter certificate provides is the keycodes. Those keycodes are recorded on the Kardex, which is Porsche's internal warranty card.

You can't get the Kardex from Porsche officially anymore, but it is still available sub rosa from a few people. The fee they charge is less than 356 €. But you just receive an electronic photocopy, not an elaborate brochure with interior materials, etc.

Kardexes often contain the name of the original owner and dealership. But sometimes they are completely blank other than serial number. You can't know in advance how much information is recorded. Do some googling to see examples online.