Rocker panel trim -- split ends?

For those who obsess about exactly how their 356 left the factory!
Brett Johnson
Registry Hall of Fame

Re: Rocker panel trim -- split ends?

#16 Post by Brett Johnson »

Vince,

A little background about me. I went to King's College University of London, in 1975/76. I also did my veterinary externship in lovely Sutton Coldfield in 1980 with the television tower in the back garden where I lived. So...

I must opine that the longish story you told has too many British-isms -- I mean with our generally American audience, who knows what an MOT is, anyway? Then at the end of your second paragraph, you actually start speaking French, mon dieu!

Gawrsh, then you begin with dialect -- I mean, you may have well said "cobblers" instead of "bollocks" or maybe "codswallop", which I had to have classmates explain to me back at King's. And then the Houdini remark -- I was totally gobsmacked -- you know, I kinda think of myself more of a Harry Blackstone. After all, your car was constructed several years before the information requested in question posed -- so what is the deal?

Having said that, I am very enthusiastic about you car being authentically completed for future generations of Porsche enthusiasts to appreciate for years to come.
Brett Johnson

Erik Thomas
356 Fan

#17 Post by Erik Thomas »

109750 build date 11/24/59 has welded deco trims, no anodizing. They are pretty well beat up, so I recently ordered new ones from Stoddard. They have the seam at the ends, and this did not please me. I was considering welding them up, but then, we have the anodizing to consider.. learn something new every day.

Vincent Gillespie
356 Fan

#18 Post by Vincent Gillespie »

Brett brilliant, thanks for the laugh, to make it more incomprehensible along with the English and french bits that's a Donegal (that's in Ireland) dialect.

Thanks for all your hard work in getting all this info together, I can't wait for the next edition of your book when, no doubt, I'll have more 'Aarragh jasysus christ fer feck sake' moments when I discover I've used the wrong thingymajig.

V :-)
V. Gillespie

Jan Kolm
356 Fan

#19 Post by Jan Kolm »

Anodized (bright-dipped) trim with finished ends do exist. I have one that came with a pile of miscellaneous interior and trim parts from an early C.
Jan Kolm
356 Registry #1066
1960 1600N Coupe