Continental Fan Belts

For those who obsess about exactly how their 356 left the factory!
Paul Hatfield
356 Registry Member

Continental Fan Belts

#1 Post by Paul Hatfield »

Some of you have probably seen that I am now selling my reproduction of PORSCHE PHOENIX generator/fan belts. I believe these to be correct for B and C cars. If this goes ok (at least breakeven), I'm thinking of doing the belt pictured below.
I realize there were different versions of the Continental belt, but without overwhelming demand, producing all of them is just not practical. To much labor costs for AutoCad and too much tooling investment.
Question:
Does anyone know what years the belt pictured below would be good for? I am hoping it would have a broad range of acceptability- maybe all except Pre A?
Please do feel free to send me an email at 65c356@comcast.net if you're interested in one or more. If the interest shows at least a breakeven, I'll start the project at low volume.

KTF-
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (22.06 KiB) Viewed 964 times
Paul Hatfield
"Miss April"
http://www.enginesinback.com

James Learmonth
356 Fan

Re: Continental Fan Belts

#2 Post by James Learmonth »

Paul,

I'm just curious about the Porsche label on your fan belts. I thought that Porsche carefully guarded their copyrighted name
I've heard stories in the past of several businesses that have had to change names to keep the wrath of Porsche at bay.
Is this working out for you?

Jim Learmonth.
65C Coupe
Houston, TX