Indicator Lights in dash

For those who obsess about exactly how their 356 left the factory!
John H. Spille
356 Fan

Indicator Lights in dash

#1 Post by John H. Spille »

My 63 T6 has small indicator lights below the pull switches for the lights, windshield wipers, etc.. Were these a stock item?
Also there is an indoor/outdoor temp. gauge on the passenger side dash. Was this an option from the factory or a dealer installed item or an owner installed item? Does anybody know a place to have it refurbished? Thanks.

Mike Wilson
Classifieds Monitor

Re: Indicator Lights in dash

#2 Post by Mike Wilson »

There is an indicator light in the guage but not a separate one. Does it look like a foglight switch?

The indoor/outdoor temp guage could have been installed at the factory or by a dealer or a previous owner. The Kardex would list it as anoption if factory installed. The guage can be restored by Palo Alto Speedometer but the sending unit, which should be in the front right wheel well, is usually the problem. There was someone repairing them. Hopefully someone else has a better memory than I do and can provide name.

Mike
Mike Wilson
Lomita, CA
'63 B coupe

John H. Spille
356 Fan

#3 Post by John H. Spille »

The indicator lights are below the switches and have their own holes in the dash.

The temp gauge works fine but the gauge face has deteriorated and is faded and has cracks in the paint. Palo Alto wasn't really interested in messing with it.

Mike Wilson
Classifieds Monitor

#4 Post by Mike Wilson »

Interesting add-on. Send pics of the lights if you can. I'm surprised about Palo Alto. Try North Hollywood Speedo.

Mike
Mike Wilson
Lomita, CA
'63 B coupe