White Towel with Red PORSCHE letters.

For those who obsess about exactly how their 356 left the factory!
Dick Douglass
356 Fan

White Towel with Red PORSCHE letters.

#1 Post by Dick Douglass »

The other night we were having dinner at the PEC in LA ( Carson) and our guest noticed a white towel with red Porsche letters in the display case in the Speedster Cafe.

We all recognized the towel as 356 owners have have stuffed one in their tool kit for years, only to find out that they were not included in tool kits from the factory. Who cares? They look real cool!

So our guest asked the employees in the Porsche Retail Store if that towel was for sale , and did they have more? "oh NO that towel is only for display. WE know they used to be handed out by the Restoration shop and now they have stopped.

We don't need one as we have packed them away, but here is a Heads UP! Don't use them and put them away!
There are different styles and maybe Brad or someone will chime in. I have seen them with red lines above and below the lettering and some with out the red lines.

If you are in Carson please stop by the PEC and see for yourself. Then laugh as many NEW Porsche owners have no idea why a white towel with red letters that says "Porsche" is in a display case near the cash register.

Doug McDonnell
356 Fan

Re: White Towel with Red PORSCHE letters.

#2 Post by Doug McDonnell »

1965 356C 2000 BMW 740i Sport 1967 Honda CL77 There is never enough time to do it right, but always enough time to do it over.

David Pateman
356 Fan

#3 Post by David Pateman »

I got a bunch from Stoddard probably 40 years ago. I believe they were cheaper then; because I was pretty cheap at the time on a student income.
Contact for Kardex

Spencer Harris
356 Fan

#4 Post by Spencer Harris »

David Pateman wrote:I got a bunch from Stoddard probably 40 years ago. I believe they were cheaper then; because I was pretty cheap at the time on a student income.
I think mine are about that vintage too David. They were inexpensive enough that I use one to wrap my jack with so it doesn't rattle!
30DSC_0380.jpg
Spencer Harris
San Joaquin Valley, CA.

Brad Ripley
356 Fan

#5 Post by Brad Ripley »

Not exactly white, maybe white/yellowish. Of course, the towels in Werke I lobby men's room were really white, but those are really rare these days.