Hazet Wrench

For those who obsess about exactly how their 356 left the factory!
JohnPierce
356 Fan

Hazet Wrench

#1 Post by JohnPierce »

Hello Authenticity Experts!

I've got a '61 that I'm trying to find the correct Hazet wrenches for. Eric's site has great pictures and descriptions.

A lot of the wrenches that come up for sale have the word "Germany" after "Vanadium." Are these correct for our 356's?

Example:
Attachments
s-l500.jpg
s-l500.jpg (18.41 KiB) Viewed 1965 times
1963 B T6 Project

Rick Albro
356 Fan

Re: Hazet Wrench

#2 Post by Rick Albro »

John, normally the Germany is on the back side of the wrench. This is not always the case as some were stamped with the Germany on the front side. I don't think that a discussion of the fine nuances of Hazet wrenches is necessary here, should the wrench open up or down should the Germany be on the Front or back side, should you have larger or same fonts should you have all symmetrical or asymmetrical wrenches, should the upward facing open end be associated with the larger of the two openings? ... Suffice it to say that Hazet wrenches did have the word "Germany" usually on the side that does not have the stamped numerals. All other combination of possible variations seems to exist and were "normal".
Attachments
left handed wrench.jpg
Last edited by Rick Albro on Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JohnPierce
356 Fan

#3 Post by JohnPierce »

Thanks Rick. I was thinking that was the case, but I couldn't find a picture documenting that. All of Eric's pictures and the one's I found on the web showed one side.

Happy New Years.

John
1963 B T6 Project

Rick Albro
356 Fan

#4 Post by Rick Albro »

Alan Buchert submitted a link to the Hazet web site that gives some documentation.

http://www.hazet.de/de/home/my-hazet/ha ... -historie/ thanks to Alan Buchert

Alain Buchert
356 Fan

#5 Post by Alain Buchert »

I saw the writing "germany" on both sides or on one side, I did not find the explication, probably several different production site.
Alain :wink:
Member #35046
356 BT 5 super75 1961