Installing carpet (tips)

For those who obsess about exactly how their 356 left the factory!
Guido Kwikkers
356 Fan

Installing carpet (tips)

#1 Post by Guido Kwikkers »

I am about to install the carpet set in my 356 C Coupe. I found the orginal material for the back rear seats.
Do you recommend to use this material or stick with the modern material?

I have used the orginal materials from Bill Perone's workshop, what material should be used (both from apractical point of view and orginality) between the isolation and the carpet?

Thanks.
Attachments
IMG_0881.JPG

Doug McDonnell
356 Fan

Re: Installing carpet (tips)

#2 Post by Doug McDonnell »

Here is a link that will help some. The padding needs to be 1/2 inch thick no matter what you use or the panel may not be in correct position with respect to rear garnish rails,covering rear defroster tubes etc. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=32529
1965 356C 2000 BMW 740i Sport 1967 Honda CL77 There is never enough time to do it right, but always enough time to do it over.

M Penta
356 Fan

Re: Installing carpet (tips)

#3 Post by M Penta »

I just started installing carpet in my C today. I have been putting this job off since I knew it would be a pain, but not quite as bad as I anticipated once I got into it.

I am making a new rear panel since the fiber board is in rough shape, I will reuse the upholstery.

Today I installed the front sections of carpet and speakers, I cut out holes with this fine German tool:

Good luck,

Mark
Attachments
IMG_4537.JPG