B T6 Cabriolet rear view mirror

For those who obsess about exactly how their 356 left the factory!
Thomas Breding
356 Fan

Re: B T6 Cabriolet rear view mirror

#16 Post by Thomas Breding »

Mike Wilson wrote:I think I have actually seen that mirror stem somewhere. From the pics, it looks like the latch and mirror stem are two separate pieces.
Agree, they are definitely two different parts. It seems like the mirror stem was made to fit perfact against the latch..

On the C cars it was redesigned into a "one piece" solution if I understand it right?

Jim Nelson
356 Fan

#17 Post by Jim Nelson »

Thomas Breding wrote:
Mike Wilson wrote:I think I have actually seen that mirror stem somewhere. From the pics, it looks like the latch and mirror stem are two separate pieces.
Agree, they are definitely two different parts. It seems like the mirror stem was made to fit perfact against the latch..

On the C cars it was redesigned into a "one piece" solution if I understand it right?
Yes. Haven't seen a B repro, but the C repro is available here: http://www.sierramadrecollection.com/Re ... 16596.html

Thomas Breding
356 Fan

#18 Post by Thomas Breding »

jim nelson wrote:
Thomas Breding wrote:

Yes. Haven't seen a B repro, but the C repro is available here: http://www.sierramadrecollection.com/Re ... 16596.html
Yeah, maybe that is what I will end up with... Have checked my car now and through the hole in the window frame ir is obvious that there has been two sets of holes, one pair for the hook and one pair for the mirror.

Mike Wilson
Classifieds Monitor

#19 Post by Mike Wilson »

I saw the one-piece base on a SC cab last weekend at our local Cars & Coffee.
Mike Wilson
Lomita, CA
'63 B coupe

Jim Breazeale
Classifieds Monitor
Tag: SF Giants Fan

#20 Post by Jim Breazeale »

Brad is correct, in that the mirror is a Mercedes part. It came on virtually every MBZ model from the period, including 300SLs. I suppose one would advertise it a 300SL mirror if one were to sell one. If one were to buy one, they would want one from a 180D 4dsd Taxi cab.

Regards

Jim
Jim Breazeale
www.easypor.com
www.facebook.com/pages/European-Auto-Salvage-Yard-EASY/120458108029410