Sky Blue with Grey Interior?

For those who obsess about exactly how their 356 left the factory!
Gary Carriveau
356 Fan

Sky Blue with Grey Interior?

#1 Post by Gary Carriveau »

I bought my first Porsche, a 1964 356 C Coupe, in 1966. Second owner according to the PO. It was a beautiful Sky Blue with Grey leatherette interior. I sold it in 1968 when I left the US to go to Australia.
My question: has anyone else ever seen a Sky Blue 356 C with this color combination? I have been looking for years without any luck and about 5 years ago I bought a '64 C Coupe in Signal Red with black leatherette interior.
Johnson's book, The 356 Porsche, has a table indicating only red or fawn leatherette for Sky Blue in 1964-65.
I am certain that my first car had not been re-upholstered but it could have been a European delivery.
Any answers/comments appreciated.

Gary
'64 C Coupe
Gary W. Carriveau
'64 C Coupe

Dennis ODonnell
356 Fan

Re: Sky Blue with Grey Interior?

#2 Post by Dennis ODonnell »

There was one in ABQ about 20 years ago, I think it was a late B. I didn't ask if she had had it reupholstered, interior looked original; car was preserved rather than restored. Recent OK repaint but it matched the dash & doorjambs etc. Striking combination.

Edwin Ek
356 Fan

#3 Post by Edwin Ek »

Those color guides were Porsche's opinion of what looked good. You could have ordered anything.

marvin ungerman
356 Fan

#4 Post by marvin ungerman »

Edwin
You must be right,I have an Irish green over blue leather 1964 cabriolet that Kardex verifies as the original delivered combo.
I have since returned the car to it's original colour combo...looks great and totally different than most other P cars.
The combo is definitely not common as I have never found another 1964 with that combo in a cabriolet. There was one person with a coupe in that combo that I have discovered. You never know what was ordered or what the factory thought was good.
Love my totally different combo than the regular reds,ivories,blacks,silvers......

Max Handley
356 Fan

#5 Post by Max Handley »

Sky Blue ,light grey. Purchased from orig. owner.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
 Contact email Spyderwerks@comcast.net

Gary Carriveau
356 Fan

#6 Post by Gary Carriveau »

Max,
Thanks for the reply and wonderful photos.
Your car is as beautiful as I remember mine was.
I guess that I will have to be happy with my Signal Red with Black interior until I can finally find one in Sky Blue with Grey.
Thanks again for refreshing my memory after nearly 50 years.
Best regards,
Gary
Gary W. Carriveau
'64 C Coupe

John Brewer
356 Fan

#7 Post by John Brewer »

My Sky Blue '64 SC had a blue interior according to the CoA and it certainly had a tired old Blue/Grey looking interior when I bought it. Replaced with Dark Blue now. May have been part original but needed an upgrade as it was looking bitty!
Gary Carriveau wrote:Max,
Thanks for the reply and wonderful photos.
Your car is as beautiful as I remember mine was.
I guess that I will have to be happy with my Signal Red with Black interior until I can finally find one in Sky Blue with Grey.
Thanks again for refreshing my memory after nearly 50 years.
Best regards,
Gary
Attachments
IMG_4723.JPG
IMG_4798.JPG
IMG_4697.JPG
P1040142.JPG
P1040141.JPG