Windshield wiper paint

For those who obsess about exactly how their 356 left the factory!
Peter Chifo Jr
356 Fan

Windshield wiper paint

#1 Post by Peter Chifo Jr »

Does anyone have an idea of what I can use to repaint my wiper arms on my 65 356 SC? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Vic Skirmants
Registry Hall of Fame

Re: Windshield wiper paint

#2 Post by Vic Skirmants »

I used Stoddard's oil filter silver in a spray can.

Peter Chifo Jr
356 Fan

#3 Post by Peter Chifo Jr »

Thank you Vic, I will give this a try.

Dave Wildrick
356 Fan

#4 Post by Dave Wildrick »

Peter Chifo Jr wrote:Does anyone have an idea of what I can use to repaint my wiper arms on my 65 356 SC? Thanks in advance for any advice.

The Wurth silver paint Stoddard that sells in spray cans for steel 356 wheels is a good match. I use their clear coat on them after the silver dries. Others have suggested using the "Plasti-Coat" color called "Steel Wheels."
Dave Wildrick
Houston, TX
64C coupe
65C coupe

Peter Chifo Jr
356 Fan

#5 Post by Peter Chifo Jr »

Dave Wildrick wrote:
Peter Chifo Jr wrote:Does anyone have an idea of what I can use to repaint my wiper arms on my 65 356 SC? Thanks in advance for any advice.

The Wurth silver paint Stoddard that sells in spray cans for steel 356 wheels is a good match. I use their clear coat on them after the silver dries. Others have suggested using the "Plasti-Coat" color called "Steel Wheels."
Thank you for the response Dave. I have a list I am putting together for Stoddard so I will look for the plasti-coat in the interim and see how it looks.

Peter Chifo Jr
356 Fan

#6 Post by Peter Chifo Jr »

I tried the Plasti-coat and it seemed a bit too metallic. What I did find to be a near perfect match at around $5 a can is Krylon Dull Aluminum with a satin clear-coat over the base coat. I find the Krylon to apply, flow out and dry quite nicely. If you need to duplicate the matte silver I am sure you will be happy with this option.

Dave Wildrick
356 Fan

#7 Post by Dave Wildrick »

Peter Chifo Jr wrote:I tried the Plasti-coat and it seemed a bit too metallic. What I did find to be a near perfect match at around $5 a can is Krylon Dull Aluminum with a satin clear-coat over the base coat. I find the Krylon to apply, flow out and dry quite nicely. If you need to duplicate the matte silver I am sure you will be happy with this option.
Krylon Dull Aluminum is also a good match when repainting the inside of the headlight assembly.
Dave Wildrick
Houston, TX
64C coupe
65C coupe