Wood wheel on eBay

For those who obsess about exactly how their 356 left the factory!
Curt Dansby
356 Fan

Re: Wood wheel on eBay

#91 Post by Curt Dansby »

I want to publicly thank Roy, Joris and Bill for taking "Leva" to task on e-bay wheels in the forum. Some weeks ago I felt that something was just not right about her posts and I did some web searches as have some of you. This person is in at the very least unscrupulous, and I will leave it at that. But as a result of the aforementioned I banned "leva' from the classifieds indefinitely. Barry also later deemed her discourse in the forum untenable and has blocked her from the forum. We have done what we can to protect members on this site and others of you have helped to expose her in other forums.

Curt Dansby
Classifieds Monitor

Mike Wilson
Classifieds Monitor

#92 Post by Mike Wilson »

On behalf of the 356 Community, I thank you guys very much! I, too, have been following this thread.

Mike Wilson
Lomita, CA
'63 B coupe
Mike Wilson
Lomita, CA
'63 B coupe

Steve Proctor
356 Fan

#93 Post by Steve Proctor »

Could this be a coincidence?? I notice the steering wheel website has no address, no phone #, only email. Not a confidence inspiring situation if you have a problem!! BBB website, however, has a phone number if anyone needs to contact her and BBB-referenced home secretarial website has a photo for inquiring minds...
Attachments
Leva.JPG
STP
Steve Proctor
Member Since 1977
VIN 84757

Mike Lempert
356 Fan

#94 Post by Mike Lempert »

Steve: The secretarial business - is just one of her start a businees in a box scams. She also does web site design, which is really just filling out a template for her unknowing customers. She's also an expert author on a variety of other subjects where she'll send her customers a canned how-to-do document. She has two addresses in the same area in California; one she uses for her Leva Duell scams and the other is where she lives as Anne Notebaert with her husband. She also maintained two facebook accounts, and again, one as Leva where all her friends of get-rich-quick scams gather and the other as Anne where she had her family connections. I provided these to ebay to prove a connection, but then of course they told her and she has since removed the Anne Notebaert account.
Mike Lempert
http://www.lempertwheels.com

Mike Wilson
Classifieds Monitor

#95 Post by Mike Wilson »

Another scammer outed! Way to go! Thanks!

Mike Wilson
Lomita, CA
'63 B coupe
Mike Wilson
Lomita, CA
'63 B coupe

Bil Brown
356 Fan

Tale of 2 wheels

#96 Post by Bil Brown »

Here`s some pics of an original "VDM" 356A flat wood wheel compared to a SAAB Monte Carlo 750/850GT wheel. This is only the second 356A wood VDM wheel I`ve had over the years, so thought I`d show pics comparing the two. My question still is, who actually put the wood on these wheels?.....VDM?......or maybe Nardi? The way the wood is constructed is very similar. 356A VDM wheel on the left in all pics.
Attachments
SAM_1122.JPG
SAM_1124.JPG
SAM_1119.JPG
SAM_1126.JPG
SAM_1120.JPG
Bill Brown