Question About Rear Glass Reflectors

For those who obsess about exactly how their 356 left the factory!
Peter Silten
356 Fan

Question About Rear Glass Reflectors

#1 Post by Peter Silten »

I am looking for some information about the different versions of the 1315 glass reflectors for the A cars. I know there is an early version, the K-1315 small logo, and a later version, the K-1315 large logo. I have also seen two versions of the large logo K-1315, one with a blank back, just like the back on the small logo 1315, and one with SWF stamped on the back. When did the large logo 1315 replace the small logo? And why were some of the large logo 1315s blank and other stamped SWF? Thanks.

Dan Macdonald
356 Fan

Re: Question About Rear Glass Reflectors

#2 Post by Dan Macdonald »

Peter,
I'm planning to be at EASY on Saturday with the A car.
Come by and check out my logos!
Dan Macdonald 
'59 A Coupe (105327) 
'57 Speedster (82954) 
Registry #1921 (1982) 
DMAIA@aol.com
My YouTube Channel: Tinmeister 356

Jim Breazeale
Classifieds Monitor
Tag: SF Giants Fan

#3 Post by Jim Breazeale »

Dan Macdonald wrote:Peter,
I'm planning to be at EASY on Saturday with the A car.
Come by and check out my logos!
Dan

There will be no talk like that on my premisis! Remember, I am on the East side of the SF Bay Bridge.

Ciao
Jim Breazeale
www.easypor.com
www.facebook.com/pages/European-Auto-Salvage-Yard-EASY/120458108029410

#4 Post by Guest »

Hey Dan:

Jim always says he's running a junkyard so please let him know Saturday that another may be for sale soon in our local bankruptcy court - it's called the Dodgers.

Of course the only parts worth salvaging are a left handed pitcher and a center fielder.

Bill

Jim Breazeale
Classifieds Monitor
Tag: SF Giants Fan

#5 Post by Jim Breazeale »

Bill Sampson wrote:Hey Dan:

Jim always says he's running a junkyard so please let him know Saturday that another may be for sale soon in our local bankruptcy court - it's called the Dodgers.

Of course the only parts worth salvaging are a left handed pitcher and a center fielder.

Bill
Bill

Our team could use one less left handed pitcher and center fielder. If we keep Zito and Rowand we could wind up in the same shape as the boys down south.

Ciao
Jim Breazeale
www.easypor.com
www.facebook.com/pages/European-Auto-Salvage-Yard-EASY/120458108029410

Dan Macdonald
356 Fan

#6 Post by Dan Macdonald »

Bill
Bill,
Jim says he owns a "salvage yard," not a a junkyard.
Now, the LA Dodgers, that's more like a junkyard.
And the Giant's hitting? That's just junk!

BTW, my logos will be on display at EASY on Saturday to any curious bystanders.
Dan Macdonald 
'59 A Coupe (105327) 
'57 Speedster (82954) 
Registry #1921 (1982) 
DMAIA@aol.com
My YouTube Channel: Tinmeister 356

#7 Post by Guest »

Jim Breazeale wrote:

Bill
Bill

Our team could use one less left handed pitcher and center fielder. If we keep Zito and Rowand we could wind up in the same shape as the boys down south.

Ciao
I think we can make a deal here. You can have Kershaw and Kemp but you have to take BOTH McCourts. The player to be named later that we'll toss in at no extra cost would be Bud "Let's call it a tie" Selig

Peter Silten
356 Fan

#8 Post by Peter Silten »

I am surprised Barry hasn't come down on you guys for hijacking my original post which, as I recall, had something to do with rear glass reflectors and not the Giants or the Dodgers. :wink:

Barry Brisco
356 Fan
Tag: Porsche enthusiast

#9 Post by Barry Brisco »

Peter's request is quite reasonable. Let's try to stay on topic and hopefully someone can answer Peter's questions.

I did not even know there were different versions of the 1315 glass reflectors for the A cars. Peter, I wonder if some of the variations you have observed may be later replacement versions? Of course it is possible that over the years when those reflectors were used by Porsche (and probably by other car companies) the manufacturer may have changed some of the details.

I have original glass reflectors on my November 1958 coupe. I do not know if they are the same reflectors that were on my car when it came off the assembly line, since I am not the original owner (four year old boys aren't allowed to buy cars ;-). My reflectors have the small "SWF" on the back side. I do not know if the logo is "large" or "small". Here is a photo:
K1315-rear-reflector.jpg
Barry Brisco
1959 356A Coupe 105553, Ivory / Brown
2009 987 Cayman, Carrera White / Beige (daily driver)

Peter Silten
356 Fan

#10 Post by Peter Silten »

Thanks Barry. That is the large logo version. It came both with a blank back and, like yours, with SWF stamped on the back.