COA problems

For those who obsess about exactly how their 356 left the factory!
Marc Wick
356 Fan

COA problems

#1 Post by Marc Wick »

Good evening to all Porsche enthusiasts!
First let me introduce myself. My name is Marc Wick, 47 ys old from the south of Germany (near munich). I live in the beautiful landscape of Bavaria and own a 356A coupe for a period of 11 ys. As you can see in my gallery, the car is in a good shape and runs without any problems!!
Porsche sent me my COA and like many 356's, my car was delivered to Max Hoffman in New York in 1957. Is there any possibility to get further information about the former owners, because i really would like to know the history of my car which was brought back to Germany in 1991. Do you have any experience what I should do next? If I have to do detective work maybe I should try to hire Thomas Magnum with his Ferrari, but I do not think that my car was on Hawai.
Thank you for your help
best regards
Marc

Barry Brisco
356 Fan
Tag: Porsche enthusiast

Re: COA problems

#2 Post by Barry Brisco »

Hello Marc,

Welcome to 356Talk! You are very fortunate to own a A coupe that was sold through the famous Hoffman dealership.

Perhaps if you gave more details about your car (chassis number, original colors and options, link to your "gallery" but also post some photos in this topic) if there is a former owner who is a 356Talk member they may see this topic and contact you.

Other than that, hiring "Magnum P.I." may be your next step. ;-)

Best regards,
Barry Brisco
1959 356A Coupe 105553, Ivory / Brown
2009 987 Cayman, Carrera White / Beige (daily driver)

Tom Tate
356 Fan
Tag: Boston MA

Re: COA

#3 Post by Tom Tate »

Contact Bill Block, he may have some history on the car. He'll need the vin. You can find him on the Vendors list. Welcome and KTF

Marc Wick
356 Fan

Re: COA problems

#4 Post by Marc Wick »

Barry and Tom ,
thank you very much for your warme welcome and of course for your hints. Before I hire Magnum I will try your tips.
Have a safe trip,
Marc