return spring bolt

For those who obsess about exactly how their 356 left the factory!
mats carlsson
356 Fan

return spring bolt

#1 Post by mats carlsson »

Hi,
I need a close up picture of the special bolt 369.08.128. Its the special bolt that holds the return spring in one end on early super engines. See the picture. Its bolt no 19.

very best regards from
Attachments
return spring bolt  369 08 128 small.JPG
mats carlsson

Larry Coreth
356 Fan

Re: return spring bolt

#2 Post by Larry Coreth »

Good luck in finding an original one of these pieces. Some years back I was searching for one also and never did find one. However I took an M6 X 10mm bolt (hex head,10 atf)and brazed a spark plug screw on cap(for snap on type plug connectors) to the bolt head, then painted with silver cad/zinc which looked just as depicted in the parts manual and worked perfectly.
Larry Coreth
Roanoake Rapids, NC

mats carlsson
356 Fan

#3 Post by mats carlsson »

Larry Coreth wrote:Good luck in finding an original one of these pieces. Some years back I was searching for one also and never did find one. However I took an M6 X 10mm bolt (hex head,10 atf)and brazed a spark plug screw on cap(for snap on type plug connectors) to the bolt head, then painted with silver cad/zinc which looked just as depicted in the parts manual and worked perfectly.
thank You Larry,

where is it attached? In the lower right generator fan cover M6 bolt hole or in the hole for the no 2 cylinder cover metal??

very best regards from
mats carlsson

Larry Coreth
356 Fan

#4 Post by Larry Coreth »

Bottom right fan cover bolt (M6) hole.
Larry Coreth
Roanoake Rapids, NC