It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:41 am 
356 Fan

Norfried,
Maybe these pictures will help.
The top picture shows the rails, the rail to the left is secured to the floor stand. The screws line up in the same place as a bucket seat rail would. I also have the wrong screw in it the screw would recede into he rail. The rail on the right screws into the bottom of the seat. The 2 are pictured in the last photo. The last picture is the rail on the outside of the passenger side of the seat. If you look hard you can see the bottom of a ball bearing, there are several in the tunnel that allow the seat to be moved with less force. Also the bottom rail has a groove shaped in it so the ball bearing can run through it. You can also see the release cable and how it is secured to the bottom of the seat.
The 2 center pictures show the release cable running from one side of the bench to the other.
Installation of the seat is tricky, the only way to install is to attach the rails to the bottom of the seat and then install it to the floor rails. It is a 2 man job.
There are only 2 rails for the bench, both are on the outside of the seat, there are none in the center of the seat. Hence the reason for the ball bearings I guess, the seat can be moved with only one person operating it.
I had a set fabricated with the help of Dirk Heindrick.

Attachments:
IMG_0507.jpg
IMG_0507.jpg [ 1.33 MiB | Viewed 622 times ]
IMG_0592.jpg
IMG_0592.jpg [ 1.68 MiB | Viewed 622 times ]
IMG_0591.jpg
IMG_0591.jpg [ 1.84 MiB | Viewed 622 times ]
IMG_0590.jpg
IMG_0590.jpg [ 1.84 MiB | Viewed 622 times ]
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 4:32 pm 
356 Fan

I have bench seat in my 60' S90 as COA states. It has a little notched out area where the shifter is. The seat is actually comfortable. What is the value of this bench seat?
Thanks.
Sal