Bright dipping/ Anodizing

For those who obsess about exactly how their 356 left the factory!
Scott Schneider
356 Fan

Bright dipping/ Anodizing

#1 Post by Scott Schneider »

Has anyone had any luck with bright dipping/anodizing hood handles or fat bumper guards? I have tried Anobrite/King of trim which is a company that specializes in Bright dipping trim (primarily American cars). They ruined a very nice hood handle. I also attempted to contact a Company that was suggested in 356 Technical Restoration guide and they told me they no longer do anodizing for these cars. Anyone with any leads or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Scott Schneider

Michael Carmody
356 Fan

Re: Bright dipping/ Anodizing

#2 Post by Michael Carmody »

Where are you located? I found a place just south of San Francisco that bright-dipped my Pre-A Turbo rings a couple of years ago. They look like new. I'll look up the name of the company if you live nearby.

Michael Carmody
356 Fan

Re: Bright dipping/ Anodizing

#3 Post by Michael Carmody »

Received a reply via personal e-mail saying Scott was nearby. I wanted to post here to share this business name with everyone. They are honest and do unbelievably fine detail work. The grungy aluminum sail panel trim pieces for my 914-6 came back looking like chrome.

Cantwell Plating
271 Walnut Street
San Bruno, CA 94066-3235
(650) 583-1925

Cantwell Plating prepped my aluminum trim rings but I believe someone else actually did the bright dipping. Mr. Cantwell can refer you further if needed. He's sometimes difficult to reach by phone so dropping by the shop is probably best.