Wiring harness for 58 T2 coupe

For those who obsess about exactly how their 356 left the factory!
michael rogers
356 Fan

Wiring harness for 58 T2 coupe

#1 Post by michael rogers »

Does anyone have any insight on this wiring harness for a 58 T2 coupe from KABELKONFEKTION WOCHESLANDER? Are they any good? They are a lot less in price than Y&Z.
http://www.wiring-harness-wocheslander. ... he356.html
Michael Rogers
55' 356 Pre-A

Bruce Baker
356 Fan

Re: Wiring harness for 58 T2 coupe

#2 Post by Bruce Baker »

Quality is good, very functional. For a "show car" go with YnZ's...and I've heard good things about a Rhode Island outfit making 356 wiring, but I have had no issues with the Wocheslander harnesses I've installed. Hope this helps.

Barry Brisco
356 Fan
Tag: Porsche enthusiast

#3 Post by Barry Brisco »

Bruce Baker wrote:For a "show car" go with YnZ's.
Bruce, by that do you mean that the YnZ harness wires are all color coded like the original harness, and the Wocheslander harness does not have the "correct" colors?

Thanks,
Barry

Alan Winer
356 Fan

#4 Post by Alan Winer »

I have purchased and just recently installed a complete 356A T2 wiring harness from Wocheslander. The wires are color correct, all ends are soldered with connectors where applicable, enclosed instructions/schematics are helpful and useful. I believe the only difference is that the wire gauge is metric which results in a very small reduction in wire diameter and this is not a concern. They correspond in English and shipping is incredibly fast. I have no affiliation, just a very satisfied customer.

Bruce Baker
356 Fan

#5 Post by Bruce Baker »

Barry Brisco wrote:
Bruce Baker wrote:For a "show car" go with YnZ's.
Bruce, by that do you mean that the YnZ harness wires are all color coded like the original harness, and the Wocheslander harness does not have the "correct" colors?

Thanks,
Barry
Barry, your question to me was answered by Alan. The Wocheslander wiring is very good and functionally competitive, but the 'look' is that it is thinner and less 'gesund' especially for a 6 volt system. It's a minor issue to anyone other than a hard-core owner/restorer where 'the look' is all-important.

One of my '53 Coupes 'back in the day' was rewired by a friend's older brother, an electrical engineer, as a 'favor.'
Each beautifully placed wire was..... green........