Fuse blocks

For those who obsess about exactly how their 356 left the factory!
Ken Daugherty
356 Fan

Fuse blocks

#1 Post by Ken Daugherty »

I have found two different styles of fuse blocks. One has jumpers between some terminals and the other has no jumpers. Easy enough to add jumper wires but my question is when was the 'no jumper' block used? Note Picture.
Also ordered some fuse block labels and the ones i received are different from an ond original fouind under one cover. Note pictures. The original label was found with the cover for the fuse block with the jumper wires.
I have Joe Leonis books and the blocks he show all have jumper bars.
Thanks and Merry Christmas to all
KenD
Attachments
Labels .jpg
Fuse blocks .jpg
Fuse block labels .jpg
Ken Daugherty

Bruce Coen
356 Fan

Re: Fuse blocks

#2 Post by Bruce Coen »

Hi Ken,

The top fuse block in your picture is for an early 911/912. A 356A-356C fuse block is the same except that it has 2 more tie bars between the middle pairs of terminals. (Jim Breazeale taught me how to tell them apart.)

A 356 "pre A" fuse block has the full compliment of tie bars but the screw for the cover is in the center instead of offset by one position.

I don't know what the other one is for. The only ones that I've ever seen with no tie bars are the repros that are available. But they have the cover screw in the center like a "pre A".

The label on the left has "Heater" for fuse #3. This kinda makes me think that it must go with the 911 fuse block.

Merry Christmas from the 'Burgh,

bc
Bruce Coen
1965 Coupe #219262
2000 911 Cabriolet

Brad Ripley
356 Fan

#3 Post by Brad Ripley »

Bruce is correct. The block with the tie bars and the label is early 911.

The block without the tie bars is a universal block from the German supplier back in the day when they still made them. Now a days, we only have a block without the tie bars and with the cover fastener in the center. The cover is somewhat more angular compared to the rounded look of the original.

The repro label shown is from a 356A car; the fuse identifications are only in German and English. A 356B label has the addition of identifications in French.

Ken Daugherty
356 Fan

#4 Post by Ken Daugherty »

Thanks to all and a Merry Christmas from Louisville. I have printed out the thread and put the info in the box with the blocks...
KenD
Ken Daugherty

Joe Leoni
356 Fan

#5 Post by Joe Leoni »

Ken,
The fuse block jumpers are corretly shown in our books.
12,11 High beam.10,9 Low beams.
8,7 Parks.
6,5 fogs.
4,3,2 Sources.

56 on used this arrangment.
The fuse block without jumpers is an after market unit that is supplied with "slip in" jumpers.
The Pre A" fuse block has even different jumper scheme.
The top one in your photo is not from a 356.
Hope this helps.
Joe
Joseph A. Leoni