Mechanic recomendation Austin, TX?

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
James Shrewsbury
356 Fan

Mechanic recomendation Austin, TX?

#1 Post by James Shrewsbury »

Hi all, New to the forum, Austin and 356 world. I've been lurking around the site (and talk list) for quite some time and just took delivery of a mild outlaw 1958 speedster... 69 912 engine, disc brakes, etc.. but all original body panels, she's an awesome driver and i've logged about 500 miles so far and i couldnt be happier with it. All that said i need to find a good mechanic to have a few things checked out. Any recomendations would be greatly appreciated!
James Shrewsbury
58 speedster #84691, 04 gt3

PaulLear
356 Fan

Just a bit outside Austin (Martindale)

#2 Post by PaulLear »

Hi James,

Check in with Bill from Hamilton Classics.
Depending on what you need, he's very knowledgeable and truly an upright guy.

http://www.hamiltonclassics.com

Dave Wildrick
356 Fan

Re: Mechanic recomendation Austin, TX?

#3 Post by Dave Wildrick »

James Shrewsbury wrote:Hi all, New to the forum, Austin and 356 world. I've been lurking around the site (and talk list) for quite some time and just took delivery of a mild outlaw 1958 speedster... 69 912 engine, disc brakes, etc.. but all original body panels, she's an awesome driver and i've logged about 500 miles so far and i couldnt be happier with it. All that said i need to find a good mechanic to have a few things checked out. Any recomendations would be greatly appreciated!

You should also consider Jones Autowerks in San Antonio, operated by Bob and Bill Jones. They have the most complete setup for restoring and repairing 356s in your region, although they may cost a little more than Hamilton's place in Martindale.
Dave Wildrick
Houston, TX
64C coupe
65C coupe