Events on the Left Coast?

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Matt Anderson
356 Fan

#1 Post by Matt Anderson »

I've been looking around in the events section and have only seen a couple of events in CA. Most of them being towards the end of the year. Are there any events that will be coming up soon in the LA area? Does anybody want to drive PCH some Saturday afternoon and get some fish tacos? Maybe go surfing in the AM and get lunch in the afternoon? I'm game for anything that will be happening in about a months time.

Like Mark says "Drive 'Em!"

#3 Post by Guest »

May I suggest the frequently overhead surf at Hyperion outfall near the very pretty Dockweiler Beach. Also, drive a little south from there and park your 356 at Lunada Bay and try some of the lefts there. You'll find plenty of friendly locals there who will help you find your way.

PCH traffic is always a nightmare and the route is best avoided

Matt Anderson
356 Fan

#4 Post by Matt Anderson »

I'd love to get to San Luis Obispo, but my 356 is not in running condition right now. I've also planned to work on getting it up and running in the next month or so, so my Saturdays are booked solid for the next month. I'm sure I'll be at the next one though. Bill-- do you ride Lunada? I've heard about it, but my buddies alway want to go ride County Line.

#5 Post by Guest »

Matt Anderson wrote:
I've been looking around in the events section and have only seen a couple of events in CA. Most of them being towards the end of the year. Are there any events that will be coming up soon in the LA area? Does anybody want to drive PCH some Saturday afternoon and get some fish tacos? Maybe go surfing in the AM and get lunch in the afternoon? I'm game for anything that will be happening in about a months time.

Like Mark says "Drive 'Em!"

This weekend is the north/south meet. June has the WCH and then there is the Monterey Historics. At Infineon Raceway in Sonoma is the Wine country Classics plus several PCA events.

Alan

Post generated using Mail2Forum via email.

Ted Rodgers
356 Fan

#6 Post by Ted Rodgers »

Speaking of events, the 14th Annual Parts Obsolete campout and swap meet is June 27-29 at the Emory's in McMinnville, OR. This is always a great event and well worth the scenic drive through the Oregon wine country to get there. For details see the Parts Obsolete web site: http://www.partsobsolete.com/. You can even register online. Hope to see you there.

Ted Rodgers