Headrests at Hershey

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Tom Tate
356 Fan
Tag: Boston MA

Headrests at Hershey

#1 Post by Tom Tate »

Good news, I picked up the headrests yesterday and they look terrific. I have two samples, one for a Pre-A, T1-A and the other for T2, B & C. These are samples only and not for sale since I need two pair myself but I'm there to see if there is a market for these items. Autos Intl used to sell them but is out of stock and not sure if they'll make another run anytime soon so I took an original set apart and had these made. The supports are done in polished stainless (no cleaning- ever) and the material is vinyl. The shop making them complained bitterly about all the work required to do them (isn't that the business they're in?) so before I go back to tell him that I need more done I'd like to have an idea of how strong this market really is. I will take deposits at Hershey (booth C22-23) with delivery expected within 30 days. I have yet to come up with a source for the brackets that bolt to the seats but I'm working on that. Expected prices are $695 per set for Pre-A and T-1 (they're wider) and $650 for T-1, B & C. If that seems high, make them for less and I'll buy them from you. I'll add some photos next week, right now I don't have a seat to bolt them onto. KTF