T6 Engine Bay Insulation

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Ron Hoff
356 Fan

T6 Engine Bay Insulation

#1 Post by Ron Hoff »

Can someone enlighten me on the proper order of the insulation pieces. I'm trying to get it "right" the first time. I have the kit but no instructions.
TIA,
Ron Hoff
NW Oregon

Mike Wilson
Classifieds Monitor

#2 Post by Mike Wilson »

Hey, Ron: Cruising the Forum, saw your question with no replies as of yet. I have a '63 Karmann coupe #213532. The sequence I was told when I did most of the engine sound deadener panels was: lower front (towards front of car); upper front; left and right panels; rear shelf and finally rear below latch. Also, the kit I purchased had the "horsehair" for the side panels unattached. I am not sure if they go clser to the bottom or toward the tops of the panels. I put mine toward the tops. If I'm wrong, please! someone out there correct me!

Mike Wilson
Lomita, Ca

Ron Hoff
356 Fan

#3 Post by Ron Hoff »

Mike,

You should be okay. When I removed my old panels the horsehair pads were glued to the upper portions of the side panels.

Thanks for the reply. I was concerned that the tabs which are on the forward lower portion of the side panels are supposed to be stuffed behind the lower forward piece above the trans. Just seemed correct, but not sure.
Ron Hoff
NW Oregon