A-C Authentic headliner material

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Joris Koning
356 Fan

#1 Post by Joris Koning »

Gang,

I know this has been a subject coming up from time to time. As the upholstery time draws closer for my coupe I'd like to try one final time if someone out there has found a trully authentic headliner material. Don Fowler and I sourced some material a couple of years back which was real nice but still not 100% correct.

Just hypotheticly, how many of you out there would be interested if someone would decide to have some 100% correct material made?

Joris Koning

Ginger Nelson
356 Fan

#2 Post by Ginger Nelson »

Joris,
I would ask the Paterack Brothers where to get truly authentic headliner material.
Gabrielle Nelson
356B T6S Coupe
356C Coupe
356SC Coupe
plus other Porsches

In a message dated 4/20/08 1:05:32 PM, cbcpk@planet.nl writes:

Gang,

I know this has been a subject coming up from time to time. As the upholstery time draws closer for my coupe I'd like to try one final time if someone out there has found a trully authentic headliner material. Don Fowler and I sourced some material a couple of years back which was real nice but still not 100% correct.

Just hypotheticly, how many of you out there would be interested if someone would decide to have some 100% correct material made?

Joris Koning

Need a new ride? Check out the largest site for U.S. used car listings at AOL Autos.
(http://autos.aol.com/used?NCID=aolcmp00300000002851)

Post generated using Mail2Forum via email.

Mike Smith
356 Fan
Tag: Its Only for Fun

#3 Post by Mike Smith »

Joris,

Do not want to `Teach My Grandmother to Suck Eggs` - BUT

My take on this would be that :- if you source anything in The States, the Dimensions will be Imperial (centres of perforations)

Europe will be Metric
Mike Smith (Essex - UK)

Jerry Haussler
356 Fan

#4 Post by Jerry Haussler »

can someone post how to identify NOS material specification, perforations, pattern etc. ? i have a headliner that was represented as NOS, but i'm not sure i trust the seller.
best
jerry